cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are Plusnet going to release an updated router?

OnFire
Grafter

When are Plusnet going to release an updated router?

I have been waiting for what seems like years for Plusnet to release an updated router with a built in VDSL2 modem.
The Technicolor 582n is absolutely ancient, and was never much good to start with.
Please, Plusnet pull your finger out!
4 REPLIES 4
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: When are Plusnet going to release an updated router?

You could get your own. Using the 582n isn't mandatory.
Plusnet tend to do things a long time after everyone else is already doing it these days.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

In respect of an integrated router / VDSL modem I'm not so sure that it is entirely PlusNet's call.  At the moment FTTC / VDSL is not self install and the modem standard is set (and supplied) by BTOR.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Really? What about the installation options in the FTTC handbook where openreach don't supply a modem? And the self install prices in the latest BTWholesale prices spreadsheet? And the BT Home Hub 5 or the TalkTalk Super Router (HG635 apparently)? Not everything is openreach's fault!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

i'd agree with ejs, BT and TT both supply all in ones for engineer installs so it's not ORs fault.
However in some ways I like the 2 box solution, if the modem side fails OR replace it free of charge and I can choose what router I want and as long as it supports PPPoE don't have to worry about compatibility too much.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'