cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and how much would I have to pay?

theberrys
Grafter

When and how much would I have to pay?

If I order FTTC tonight, and my billing day is the 19th of each month, when will I start paying for fibre?  Say I order it tonight, will I have to pay for my normal broadband for this month and then start paying for fibre on the next billing month?
Sorry, I am just a little confused as I don't want to have to pay twice.
5 REPLIES 5
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: When and how much would I have to pay?

What you'd pay and when would depend on the install date.  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
theberrys
Grafter

So, say the install date is next week (21st, 23rd and 24th are the dates I would be available for), would I have to pay for my current broadband for this month, and then the fibre for next month?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

That bit I can't fully remember - it's a while since I changed - but I think they 'pro-rata' the charge for the month during which the changeover takes place.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theberrys,
Yes, walker23 is right. Your billing date won't change. So if you paid today for your ADSL and your Fibre was installed in two weeks, you'd just pay the remainder of the difference between your old and new package and then a full fibre charge from your next billing date.
Jojo Smiley
theberrys
Grafter

Ah, fantastic.  I have a scheduled install date for FTTC on Monday and the payment for April/May ADSL has come out of the account.  Cheers!  Looking forward to Monday Smiley