cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats wrong with webmail now???

thebigyin
Grafter

Whats wrong with webmail now???

This morning I log onto webmail and every things seems fine, I then click on a message to read it and I get a page saying "You must be logged in to access this page" .... So..... I then go back and log on again and go to read a message again and......... you guessed it the same page telling me i must be logged in!!!  What gives?Huh
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Whats wrong with webmail now???

Seems OK from here but I did get a login failure to one of my mailboxes using Outlook which worked on the second try
James
Grafter

Morning,
This isn't a problem that we're aware of.
It might help if you delete your temporary internet files and cookies and see if you get the problem again.
thebigyin
Grafter

Well what ever the problem was it seems to have sorted its self now, but for the first 20 -30 mins this morning i couldnt stay logged in for more than 2 mins.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's a known problem that seems to crop up from time to time and I don't know why anyone from PN doesn't seem to know the cause or if they do they're not telling us Undecided
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Anotherone
It's a known problem

What leads you to believe that it's a known problem Anotherone? We've certainly nothing raised internally to investigate this. It may have happened in the past for reasons various but as James has inferred, we're not aware of any issues at present.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The "not being able to stay logged into webmail" problem has cropped up several times, sorry I've not kept count. I don't recall any explanation as to why this was happening and would have thought that once the cause had been identified it would be fixed - nothing more sinister than that - unless there are multiple causes and something different each time.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Can't remember off the top of my head what's caused the problem previously but I'm pretty sure it's not always been down to the same thing. I do know it tends to be a royal pita to pinpont though as it often only affects individual Webmail servers.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵