cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats supposed to happen on day of install of phone and fibre broadband

goforth

Whats supposed to happen on day of install of phone and fibre broadband

So my first morning slot  which I choose when I ordered Fibre and Telephone from plus net has arrived.  My Sky Broadband and Phone has stopped working. 
I've not been called by a openreach engineer yet to say if he when he will be visiting my property.
The second slot I chose is for this afternoon and the third is for tommorrow morning.
I was assuming plusnet would confirm by e-mail/txt/phone which if the three half day slots open reach would be attending. 
Is this not the case as this could mean I may have to take one and a half days off work to be in on all thease slots for the engineer to turn up and with the reliability of openreach this could be even more according to some reports.
When will my phones start working does this happen when the open reach engineer attends as I thought this would be just for fibre broadband.
I've not been informed of a new phone number so I am assuming plusnet have managed to let me retain my number from Sky who I previously had my line rental/phone package and adsl broadband with.  Is this the case.
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Whats supposed to happen on day of install of phone and fibre broadband

Hi goforth,
We sent you an e-mail (Service Notice: SN188606374) on 24/03/14 11:24 to let you know that your telephone service will be transferred over to us today. Your new telephone number has been advised on this e-mail as we've been unable to keep the number.
Your FTTC installation is due to take place this afternoon between 1pm-6pm. We sent you an e-mail again this morning (Service Notice: SN190129632) at 07:03 to let you know that the FTTC installation was due to go ahead today. This was originally confirmed by Harry on Ticket: 83099305 (23/03/14 12:43).
I appreciate that this information could have easily been missed but I hope that you're aware of where we are with things;
Your FTTC Install is due to be carried out between 1pm-6pm
Your telephone service is due to go active by the end of the day today.
goforth

Sorry my fault
I've not been checking my plusnet webmail and assumed i'd given my hotmail one which I check on my phone.  I'll attempt to set my iphone to access my plusnet e-mail account.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't know how your account is set up but I get emails about tickets and stuff to BOTH my plusnet email AND my personal non-PN one.
And I get text messages to my phone, though they often say little and require looking at an email or the PN web site to get the details.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Some guidance for setting up PN email on an iPhone here http://community.plus.net/library/email/setting-up-plusnet-email-on-an-iphone/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
goforth

Thanks. I've got the mail setup on my phone now.  So when will my phone be up and running.  Does the BT Open reach engineer have any thing to do with this part i.e is there any rewiring at the cab for the phone service.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

If you're moving to FFTC there will be rewiring at the cabinet for both phone and broadband.
If you're moving from Sky LLU there will be rewiring at the exchange as well, certainly for phone and possibly also to disconnect Sky broadband.