cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats setting is changed by PN to uncap upstream speed?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Whats setting is changed by PN to uncap upstream speed?

which line drops to zero - if it is the noise margin then that is the problem and capping it may help
In my case it was even worse as the line would resync with an upstream speed as low as 192kbps with a 6dB noise margin
It would help if you posted the router stats - noise margin, speeds and attenuation both up and down
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Look at reply 2 for the last router stats taken yesterday evening and BT Profile check.
which line drops to zero

I think all of them. speed and SN up and down.
In my case it was even worse as the line would resync with an upstream speed as low as 192kbps with a 6dB noise margin

I get this, see BT line check
It would help if you posted the router stats - noise margin, speeds and attenuation both up and down

I usually power the PC off when not used, potentially I could have to wait a few days until the error occured.
Thanks for your comments
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

All of them dropping to zero including speed indicates a problem with the router perhaps unless that only happens when the line loses synch and takes a while to resync
The question is what happens to the noise margin when the phone is used and it holds sync
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

I would say I've not paid much attention to router stats, the router is fine as I have the same problems with my old Thomson 585 v7 and different filters.
I will have to set up router stats and see what happens.
Thanks again for your time.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
All of them dropping to zero including speed indicates a problem with the router perhaps unless that only happens when the line loses synch and takes a while to resync

Is it not also possible that it's only that RoterStats failed to get the information from the router and in fact there's nothing wrong with the connection?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)