Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell is going on with Plusnet?

FIXED
Beermonsta
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What the hell is going on with Plusnet?

For almost a year Ive had flawless broadband, and within 2 weeks its turned to a useless connection, one minute I can load webpages, next minute, no connection.....Ill be surprised if I can post this without it going into 'Limited' mode!

All my telecoms equipment is new or less than a year old, new master socket (3 months old), the line was repaired by the ultimately useless Openreach, 6 weeks back and my wifi card is showing as working correctly and a few days back I contacted you via livechat regarding this problem and a solution was fired down the line to correct the stability problem....now its back 'Your DNS is not available', when your working from home and reliant on a stable internet connection to upload completed work.....you aint 'doing me proud' at the moment

6 times in 10 minutes its cut out, I also have a quiet phone connection and my router is set to select the less a used channel.

13 REPLIES 13
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Re: What the hell is going on with Plusnet?

Well after a dumbass live chat session which the agent closed the session after I threatened to cancel and go to another provider, nothing has changed, once again Ive checked the master socket, router, quiet line checks and my neighbour who works for Openreach even used his off time to check and climb up the damn pole.....nothing on my side.....its your side Plusnet and if this continues today Ill will have to seek out other ISP's, because is becoming a pain and its effecting my income. Sort it

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

There's definitely something wrong here:

image14786007245332

If you raise a ticket at faults.plus.net, then I'll ensure that it's picked up for you. Feel free to give me a nudge once done.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Beermonsta
Rising Star

I dont even have the stability to raise one, its been down 6 times in the last 10 minutes, my gear is good, its your side

Ticket raised eventually, 6 dc's while filling in the questionnaire!

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Question #137672508

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, I've gotten that updated for you.

Matty

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Got your message, but once again, its not my end, ive done the quiet test the router test, rebooted the router, my gear is virtually brand new, next door OR engineer climbed up the pole and had a look at our internal wiring, nothing! If you book an engineer I will bill Plusnet, because my wiring is tiptop as my neighbour says

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We won't book an engineer without you agreeing to the terms on the ticket and we certainly wouldn't accept a bill for it I'm afraid.

An engineer will investigate from your premises back to the cab/exchange, that's why one has been requested.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Well Plusnet will accept the bill, because ill withhold funds until the OR bill is paid for, if that means going with another isp, im not paying another extortionate openreach bill, the last one was 150 quid

glloyd
Rising Star

There will be no bill if the fault is outside your premises. You either want the fault fixed or you don't. If you do an engineer will have to be booked. Changing ISP will only transfer your problem to them and they will still have to call out an engineer to fix it.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Dont think so glloyd, wind your neck in, ill be on fttp

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beermonsta wrote:

If you book an engineer I will bill Plusnet, because my wiring is tiptop as my neighbour says

So your neighbour's a BTOR engineer, that's handy, so save yourself some time and get him to fix it.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

FTTC shows as available at within your locality actually and is generally much more likely to be free from faults. FTTP is highly unlikely to ever be available in the property that you're in now as it's always one or the other.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Just to add to this:

Well Plusnet will accept the bill, because ill withhold funds until the OR bill is paid for

In the unlikely event that a charge is applied, it'll be around a couple of months after the fault is resolved, once we've reviewed the case and objected to it if found to be unfair.