cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the Hell going on with my Speeds (fibre) Speeds been halved

Reason5
Grafter

What the Hell going on with my Speeds (fibre) Speeds been halved

Hi guys TS17  the North-east area normally been on 55 Mbps  / 65 Mbps when I first joined 4 months ago after I forked out for a Asus RT-N66U because the router supplied  just was not up to the job.
Now for the past two weeks nothing over 35 Mbps      Oh I'm on Fibre as well !!!!!!!  shocking there were loads of post's about  this last week not one member of PLUSNET got back to anyone .. So can someone tell me how my Speeds been halved ... But bet your billing has not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
6 REPLIES 6
Reason5
Grafter

Re: What the Hell going on with my Speeds (fibre) Speeds been halved

Asus RT-N66U
Updated to BETA Firmware  got it back to 55 mbps After a Reboot  Lips_are_sealed 
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

"Speeds been halved "
Quote from: Reason5
But bet your billing has not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
Quote from: Reason5
got it back to 55 mbps After a Reboot  Lips_are_sealed 

If I'm not mistaken, the half price offer (for new customers only) has just ended Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed  Grin
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
x47c
Grafter

...and the lesson the OP has learn't from this is
before wading in at full throttle accusing everyone else of being at fault; try looking rather closer to home.
shalom2010
Grafter

Sounds like the new series of Apprentice!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: x47c
...and the lesson the OP has learn't from this is
before wading in at full throttle accusing everyone else of being at fault; try looking rather closer to home.

To be fair, you wouldn't expect firmware on a well-respected router to cause this, it may even be coincidental that the speed improved after updating the firmware (different gateway etc.).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
njay
Grafter

I would agree as I am running stock firmware and its hitting max speed (quicker than 582n or 8960n) all the time. The disconnect/reconnect may have just been enough?