cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened to my speed tonight?

elkieluca
Grafter

What's happened to my speed tonight?

I have been getting 13+ mb download speed since being moved to 21cn I think its called,  and tonight its only 4mb.  I've tried on three different speed tests.  All say very similar. Any answers please.

Just tested again and now its only 3mb!
10 REPLIES 10
dave1240
Grafter

Re: What's happened to my speed tonight?

Same here elkieluca! Barton Upon Humber has had a Exchange Upgrade (?) i had 6mb d/l then 12mb d/l after the upgrade and now Less then 1mb d/l.  I got told it's a line fault.
elkieluca
Grafter

Thanks dave.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@elkieluca
Hi there. Do you know how to access the ADSL Line stats from your modem/router?
elkieluca
Grafter

Do you  know I had to do that once before and I just can't be bothered again.  Why should I have to sort out whats wrong I haven't done anything to cause it.  So let someone from Plusnet do it. Thanks anyway.
Anotherone
Champion

Without the information it's not possible to say. There are all sorts of things that could go wrong at your end. Broadband is very much a"self install" product these days, and that also means when things aren't working properly checks need to be made at your end to be sure of what is happening.
But hey, you know best - carry on.
elkieluca
Grafter

Do you work for PlusNet,?  Anotherone.
Anotherone
Champion

No. And forums are for members to help each other out. If you don't want the help of other forum members then don't post here, just raise a fault.
This is not an official support channel but the Plusnet Digital Care team here are very good and you might be lucky to get your problem resolved without raising a fault.
elkieluca
Grafter

Don't you dare tell me not to post here!  I am going to report you tomorrow for being so rude to me.  You don't know if I am capable to sort this out myself or not and frankly its none of your business.
I already know how good the support team are here and they are very polite.  So goodnight to you.
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

jim:red Post removed as it contravened this Forum Rulemod:end
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi elkieluca,
I've just checked your line and I can't see anything obvious that would have caused that. Can you give us a bit more information on what times it happens, how long it happens for and is this every night, or just last night? If would have been handy if one of your tests was a BT speedtest as we have access to those results. Any information you can give could give us would be useful.
Jojo Smiley