Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened here then?

xreyuk
Grafter

What's happened here then?

Hi guys,
I was streaming some video from my house last night to my parents house, and started getting problems at around midnight where it wasn't working correctly. I just stopped, and assumed it was a network problem somewhere.
I've checked my ping graphs this morning to find the below (and the one in my signature)

Can anyone on Plusnet shed some light as to what this might be? As I'm still seeing some packet loss from both monitors this afternoon. I've not seen any disconnections on the DSL side, with an uptime of around 4 days.
I believe I was connected to gateway ptw-ag04 (well I was when I checked around 23:00 as I was messing around).
Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: What's happened here then?

Heavy rain after midnight, drying up after sunrise? Not really something I've seen before with the packet loss, maybe someone else has experience of this.  Huh
That's RPM to you!!
xreyuk
Grafter

Exactly the same problem starting again tonight. Been streaming for a couple of hours no problem from my house to parents, then all of a sudden around the same as last night, stream starts stuttering.
TBB graph is showing some packet loss again, we'll see what happens overnight.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

There was some work being carried out last night between 2am-6am by BT.
This is under: PW240298.
I can't see any specific information on the work carried out, I'd be interested to see if the work clears this issue up. Would be good if we could take another look at this tomorrow perhaps?
xreyuk
Grafter

Hi Chris,
No problem.
Obviously on the night of Sunday 29th/Monday 30th there was the massive spike of packet loss. On the night of Monday 30th/Tuesday 1st there wasn't as much packet loss, but still a little bit, around the same time I noticed the stuttering on my stream. This was around 1:15-1:30am, so just before BT started the work. Today's graphs show that there was a short period of packet loss around 2am.
xreyuk
Grafter

If you look at my sig, since last night, that's got to be one of the most stable ping graphs I've ever seen
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, I half wondered if the PEW was to fix a known problem causing Packet Loss - tonight should be an interesting test.
xreyuk
Grafter

Been stable as anything since Chris!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Brilliant! Smiley