cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with speeds recently?

Azagoth
Grafter

What's going on with speeds recently?

Normally I'm geting a good 5900kbps yet for the past two days the speed as been around the 1500kbps which is making downloading large files nigh on impossible and I need to download a rather hefty 2GB+ file.   Nothing has changed settings wise though,  I've still got the same Stable Rate as ever and syncing at 7.6Mbps, it's just the actual speed.
Have Plusnet got too many customers trying to use the available bandwidth or something?  I know it's nothing on my end that's causing this slowdown in speed because in the early hours the speed is back up to normal again, but I can't stay up until that time everyday to do my downloading and I can't leave the PC switched on all the time.
Router is fine
Microfilters are fine
PC is fine
9 REPLIES 9
atbs1
Grafter

Re: What's going on with speeds recently?

(Not) Funny that you should say that. Have a look at my graph of speeds - huge peaks and troughs!! So what IS going on then?Huh
puddy
Grafter

Just tested mine

Puddy
Azagoth
Grafter

Extremely slow again this evening.  Getting less than 1000kbps on the speedtester whereas earlier today it was the usual 5900kbps! 
Azagoth
Grafter

Is this going to be sorted out? Sub 1Mb speeds is just not acceptable!
I come on-line about 10 minutes ago with the intention of actually getting some work done and sending some large files.  Well, I can't!  The speed now is :-

Whereas earlier it was:-

It seems to be a coincidence that during the daytime and evening the speeds are constantly below par and yet at other times are perfectly fine.  Are Plusnet somehow limiting user's speeds without informing them? 
Before the routine copy and paste replies start, it's not my PC, Router or Microfilters.  There's nothing wrong with my line and nothing has being installed, messed with or deleted.  Someting is wrong at Plusnet's end!
itsme
Grafter

Why is it stopping you working and to send large files? Your upload speed is still the same.
Azagoth
Grafter

Because I have to also receive large files too! 
James
Grafter

I don't think that this is a problem at our end (especially given the fact we've lit *more* than a central in the last 5 weeks).  I personally believe it's down to contention at the exchange end.
It's *extremely* unlikely to be a traffic management / capacity issue at our end as you're within your usage allowance and I don't have page upon page of gold speed complaints.
Do you normally use this connection for business use, or is it your home one?
Azagoth
Grafter

It's my home connection and it's pretty weird how it's the same time each day.  The speed is up and down more than a cheap whores drawers. 
Mand
Grafter

Hmmmm, your exchange is not showing any specific problems (that's not to say there aren't any, just that there's none published).
I'd suggest raising a speed fault, then our faults gurus can run some tests and raise to BT if necessary.