cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with my router?

Muttley62
Grafter

What's going on with my router?

Keep seeing these entries in my router log but don't understand why - could someone please explain.
5 REPLIES 5
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: What's going on with my router?

Do you have a wifi device that is trying to connect? If not it could be a "hacker" trying to access your network.
Muttley62
Grafter

I have quite a few devices connected wirelessly without issues but nothing that I can think of that would be requesting access at these times.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

00:1e:35 suggests it's a Nintendo device, possibly something old (because it starts with 00).
apjashley1
Grafter

Add it to the "blocked" list or just ignore, it's never going to crack your password assuming you're using WPA2
Muttley62
Grafter

Quote from: ejs
00:1e:35 suggests it's a Nintendo device, possibly something old (because it starts with 00).

That's it!  I have a Wii connected which was functioning normally but now will not connect properly to the router.  This happened the other day with my daughter's ipod and wife's netbook, but both of those connected again OK.  I didn't suspect the Wii as it has not been used but then when I investigated I saw that "connect 24" was turned on and so it has been looking for updates during the night.  I requested a replacement router from PN the other day so I'll fit this once the 10 day training period is over.  Many thanks for solving the issue.