cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's capping my speed?

colinb
Dabbler

What's capping my speed?

Since cleaning up my internal wiring I've had a significant increase in my speed - now up to 9300kbps since my SNR margin was set back to 6dB by BT's systems.
A few days ago this resulted in my IP profile being raised to 8000 by BT, and yesterday PlusNet did likewise on their end.
Speed tests are showing the same results as when I was 7150 though, including BT's.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6856 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :9424 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 444 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 8000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 17.82:22.2:59.98 (SBE:NBE:PBE)

Any ideas? I'm on PlusNet Extra btw, and my router has had a reboot since the profile updates.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What's capping my speed?

Hi there,
There should be nothing at all capping your speed. I've double checked your account and you are definitely on a 8mb profile at the moment.
We can try raising a fault on this for you if you like but it would be worth doing some regular speed checks over the course of a couple of days. I'd reccomend trying to space these out as much as possible to see if the synchronisation speed might be fluctuating perhaps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
colinb
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.
I'll give it a few days and see how it goes.
No fluctuations with sync speed though. Router has connected at around 9300kbps every day and hasn't dropped.
colinb
Dabbler

I've done multiple tests over the past few days and still the same. BT and speedtest.net are still returning results identical to what I was getting on the 7150 profile.
This is the last BT test -
Download speedachieved during the test was - 7017 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :9379 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 444 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 8000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 14.29:28.05:57.66 (SBE:NBE:PBE)