cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What on earth has happened to PN service?

waterend

What on earth has happened to PN service?

Broadband has been working fine for several years give or take the odd glitch....
Recently running at about 10Mb/s so no latent problems with the link
Last Wednesday (24/7/13) evening it just stopped... Phone line (also PN) still working fine.
No updates on the issue at all until Sunday then have a heated call with a supervisor because no resolution in sight... It been with the faults department and they have an SLA of 72 hours to respond.
"Its broken" counts as a response and the clock starts again...
They don't kick BT, they don't seem to actually do anything to getting the problem resolved...
Can we either have the old PN back who care about customer satisfaction or who do the community recommend as an ISP who actually do (Tier 1 exchange, so limited choice)...?
Waiting times for support of 15/20/25/30/35 minutes are pretty pathetic too when you're having to pay for the call....
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What on earth has happened to PN service?

Hi waterend,
I'm sorry to hear about the broadband problems.
From looking at how things have panned out so far I can see that we were able to raise a fault report to our suppliers on the same day. I fear that our initial response may not have been the most customer friendly which I can tell has led you to (rightly) assume there's been no updates addressed to yourself so apologies for that.
"Its broken" counts as a response and the clock starts again...

I can see that we've explained this in more detail on a later response and that an engineer is due to visit the exchange within the next couple of days to hopefully fix this.
I hope to see this get resolved very soon and I'm satisfied that our faults guys will be checking back to see how things have transpired re the engineer work.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: waterend

Waiting times for support of 15/20/25/30/35 minutes are pretty pathetic too when you're having to pay for the call....

You won't have to pay if you use one of the published FreePhone numbers ..... 0800 4320200  Wink
waterend

9th day in and still no resolution.
I didn't get the more technical explanation until day 7 - after I had posted here.
0800 numbers are fine if you are somewhere you can use a landline! Have you tried to find a phonebox recently? 25 mins on a mobile is a significant proportion of included minutes... Yes, I do still use my home server when I'm away before you ask
It just seems like PN has gone to the dogs: inadequate, slow responses and long waiting times to get through...
The faults guy who called me on Wednesday admitted that the ball had been dropped and some action should have happened sooner - but that doesn't help calm my wife who is having to drive 90 miles to go to the office tomorrow because she can't work at home without internet.
She's talking about Sky....
waterend

"Long delays" again tonight standing in a phonebox that I have managed to find...
waterend

Angry after 50 minutes standing in a phone box listening to "we're sorry to keep you waiting" no progress update is available.

Back to my other question: which ISPs actually have customer service worth their salt? I see an outfit called Xilo seem to get good reviews.... Anyone comment on them?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@waterend I don't know if you've been able to see the latest update on ticket 72404488?
I'm glad to see there's been a some more positive news about an issue being worked on by engineers today, we're hoping to update you again regarding this within a few more days time.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
waterend

Day 10 : no progress so far today.
Really hope the hopeless BT actually get to the exchange today or it'll be Monday Cry
wonder if it will be possible to find out WHO broke our connection.
Catweazle
Grafter

Hi waterend - I can't offer any suggestions, just a bit of sympathy as you're not the only one fed up with a lacklustre response from both Openreach and Plusnet.
I've been waiting since 17th July for a fix and have been fobbed off with various excuses, as well as having the fault closed when it was plainly not fixed. See my sorry tale in the Your Feedback forum "Openreach have still not fixed line fault (again) – can anyone at Plusnet help?" - and the last post (#16) might interest you as I found details of the Openreach service maintenance levels (no response from anyone at PN yet, though). My favourite excuse so far is "Unfortunately a system issue at Openreach is affecting their ability to contact the controls department who are currently monitoring your fault.". You couldn't make it up...
And I totally agree with you regarding the 72h timer that gets reset every time someone responds (even if it's just to say that there's no progress). If you add an update to the ticket then the timer gets reset again - I was warned about this by a helpful PN op once, and it certainly seems to be true as I was caught out by this "feature" when I was submitting daily status updates.... It's a very poor way to treat customers, but I don't think you'd have much more luck with another CP/ISP regarding Openreach repairs, though, as Openreach almost certainly treat everyone with the same cavalier attitude towards customer service - better the devil you know (until you get your fault fixed, at least...).
Good luck, and I hope you get your fault resolved soon.
cockleybarn
Dabbler

Similar problem here. PN seem totally unable to kick BT into any sort of action.
My current inclination is to leave PN and use another (any) ISP on the basis that BT will have to provide a decent speed service when setting up an 'new' service.
A cease-and-provide may fix your - and my problem.
Angry Angry Angry