cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point of a support line that closes when support is needed?

cbcadmin
Grafter

What is the point of a support line that closes when support is needed?

Just found and rang 08004320200 only to get a message that you are closed!
Suggesting customers visit your website just "rubs salt into the wounds" as the fault is I have no Internet.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What is the point of a support line that closes when support is needed?

Hi Keeef,
You called outside of the opening hours of the call centre which are 7:00am - 10.30pm
If you're able to access the web fine then faults can be reported without needing to call at http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
You called outside of the opening hours of the call centre which are 7:00am - 10.30pm

It's a pity you can't arrange for faults to only occur during these times, isn't it?
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
If you're able to access the web fine then faults can be reported without needing to call at http://faults.plus.net

As the fault was, and has been for the last week: no broadband .....

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
From what I can see from your account you have already called in and spoken to us about this, I can see you're online and no issues showing on your line. However, if you have any further issues issues, don't hesitate to get in touch.
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: MelRocks
From what I can see from your account you have already called in and spoken to us about this,

I actually called in about getting constantly disconnected and was told it was down to line training. I did post a topic about this, but it has probably been merged with one about my p&p credit or something equally detached. Sad
Quote from: MelRocks
I can see you're online and no issues showing on your line.

Strange you say "no issues" because the two people I spoke to there today agreed I was getting disconnected. Roll_eyes

hottroc
Grafter

I was sold the service on the basis of a 24 hours support line, one of the selling points the sales person emphasized, and just a few weeks later they reduce the service and cut down the hours. I can understand the frustration.
As a message to Adam, Melrocks and any other PN staff reading, I have noticed quite a few people with connection and disconnect problems over the past day or few (I have too but haven't yet raised a fault or anything). Are you sure one of your routers or servers isn't having an issue? It always seems to be a case of presuming the fault is the customer's end.
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: hottroc
just a few weeks later they reduce the service and cut down the hours.

It wouldn't be so bad if they answered tickets and/or questions here on the forum.
Once you do get through on the phone they are very helpful, but the wait is unacceptable. I bit the bullet today and plugged a phone with speakerphone facility in and used it in place of a radio for an hour, but even the musac is repeated in a loop! Sad