Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point of a Support Ticket?

ChrisMK
Dabbler

What is the point of a Support Ticket?

Sadly, not a rhetorical question.

Ticket #123430281 was opened last Thursday by Support following a lengthy phone conversation.
Of course I can't open one myself anymore but it would seem that is no big loss.

A further 7 submissions were all from me - not one got a response.
Thinking I might use the Forum to get a response proved pointless since the email authentication did not arrive. It took a second attempt next day for that to succeed.

I then ended up using the chat service on Saturday afternoon which was impressive since it had been out of service on previous attempts that day. This at least resulted in another entry from support.
The next entry was an 'internal' one on Monday. This was rather important since it recorded a failure to replicate the original problem. No email or indeed any contact to inform me of this - are customers supposed to continually check their ticket to see if there has been a response?

So another phone call later that day, followed by two from Plusnet. It was decided to escalate the issue to another department who I was told would email me and keep me informed. This was summarised in another support entry.

Yesterday, I added two more responses and of course I have heard nothing.

So is the system totally based around me making contact as to progress, etc?
How is it supposed to work?

My problem - only that I can't open a particular url that happens to be the login page to our office server on the Cloud.
It has been established beyond doubt that it is a Plusnet issue.

It is causing me and the company huge inconvenience but nobody at Plusnet seems to be proactive with their information.

I have had good service for these past few years but quite clearly the company has descended to the level of most of its major competitors.

My next communication may well be to bite the bullet and request a MAC code.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: What is the point of a Support Ticket?

I've had a read over the support ticket, and it suggests we've performed a dial-test (connecting on your details from a Fibre line) - this means that all the basic network settings would be the same as yours with only the local settings differing.

I've looked at the ticket you gave us where your colleague had a similar issue, however this just started working again without any input from us.

The ticket is with the right team for an update, however as this isn't first line support it can take longer to respond. I'll give that team a nudge.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ChrisMK
Dabbler

Thank you - that's a start!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Who is your employer if you don't mind me asking?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ChrisMK
Dabbler

Hi Bob

I've posted a response to your question in the Ticket.