Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is peer to peer?

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

What is peer to peer?

I am on unlimited package so what is used is of no concern to me really. However this month [even with a week to go] my usage is showing only half the monthly usage I normally use but 50% of that usage is peer to peer, as far as I know we don't use P2P we only browse and download emails.
Also I was away for 2 nights so the one complete day that BB wasn't used that week is showing as having the most usage for that week both day and night.
Is there a problem with the meter readings on the 'View your BB' facility?
3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: What is peer to peer?

Those classifications aren't always what they seem; for example, Skype shows up as Usenet.  It doesn't really matter if you were away from home, it's whether your internet-enabled devices left at home were off or not that counts.   
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

The only 2 devices left at home were both switched off as they always are, even over night. The router was obviously left on but no devices.
rogersouthern
Dabbler

The chances are, somebody else has managed to get your Wireless password, I recommend changing it immediately, especially because the person who has managed to gain access to your network probably also knows how to get all the internet traffic going through (emails, password, bank details etc) If you are using WEP change it to WPA-PSK (2)  with a good, strong password *That is not a word, contains uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers*