cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my broadband speed?

hamilton36
Grafter

What is my broadband speed?

I understood that my broadband speed would be adjusted upwards in the first fortnight.  I am four days into my second week and the connections is till at 100Mbps.  What is that in tems of MBs per sec and when is it going to be increased?
Thanks,
Alex
5 REPLIES 5
paulh
Rising Star

Re: What is my broadband speed?

Quote from: hamilton36
the connections is till at 100Mbps. 

I expect it'll be up to the full 622Mbps quite soon Cool
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: hamilton36
I understood that my broadband speed would be adjusted upwards in the first fortnight.  I am four days into my second week and the connections is till at 100Mbps.  What is that in tems of MBs per sec and when is it going to be increased?
Thanks,
Alex

Hi there,
I expect the speed you're quoting is the connection speed between your router and PC.
What does this test give you?
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: Mand

Hi there,
I expect the speed you're quoting is the connection speed between your router and PC.

It does not seem to work on my system.  It hangs for about 2 mins, then asks for my username and when I enter it I get a message that it has not been recognized.
Alex
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: Mand

Hi there,

I was typiing in the wrong username and once that was sorted (thanks, OldJim) I got the following result of the test:-
1. IP profile for my line is 5500kbps
2. DSL Connection rate 448kbps (up stream), 7616kbps (down stream).
3. Actual IP throughput achieved 5011kbps
In actual terms the broadband is about 48 times faster when downloading programmes and information than my previous 56k Modem with Freeserver (Orange).  I carried out a test of my line with BT some months ago and then it was good for 2.8 Gbps.
So, where am I in relation to that?
Thanks again,
Alex