cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What information does Plusnet hold on customer? (F.A.O. Chris Pettitt)

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: What information does Plusnet hold on customer? (F.A.O. Chris Pettitt)

Quote from: Keeef
Quote from: Anotherone
Actually your issue is that some Agents continue to fail to read ticket history either properly or at all

Is that not the same as "Plusnet not taking any notice of customer's answers."?

It's almost the same.  The only subtle difference is that Anotherone wrote some Agents.
If an Agent is talking to you on the phone then it must be quite difficult to listen whilst simultaneously scanning the notes for pertinent information but that excuse does not apply to tickets.
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
The only subtle difference is that Anotherone wrote some Agents.

OK, I stand corrected.
I acknowledge there are some *very* helpful staff at Plusnet. The fault is with the system as you rarely get the same person twice.
It would be good if it were like waiters at a table each rep had his own "pool". That way you get some sort of understanding rather than having to go over the same ground each time.
The downside of course is if you get a poor rep ....... Smiley

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
When you consider how many calls our Technical Support Team take in a day in relation to how many of them there actually are, it'd be near impossible for the same agent to take the same call.
If you were to call in and wait 10 minutes on hold and get through to someone, the agent you previously spoke to might be on a very long call (say a further 15 minutes) we wouldn't expect you to wait 10 minutes in the queue initially, then a further 15 minutes for the agent you previously spoke to to finish the call.
In an ideal world, all of our agents should be reading the previous notes from previous calls and to be honest most do. I find that when I speak to customers I tell them that I can read through the previous notes which might take me a 3 or 4 minutes at which point the customer generally would just explain the problem anyway.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Whilst I accept that can be the point with some very long notes, most of the examples I have come across or where I've been given details, that is not the case. The notes are short enough and there is no excuse. The agent involved has not looked properly or even dismissed the customer comments on the notes and has read from the "same script" as a previous agent. These are cases where the customer is not on the phone.
As I commented earlier, this is a long standing issue and is either down to poor training or too much pressure to "get the ticket or call off the desk".
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
it'd be near impossible for the same agent to take the same call.

I accept that for phone calls. How about "questions"?

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I was simply trying to find out if details such as router make & model, type of connection etc. are held on file.

I would be very, very, very strongly against them doing something like this.
There's no way you could be sure it's up to date even if you provided an interface for the user to update the information as people don't do it. I can be absolutely positive there would be complaints on here from people having received responses based on old information which was no longer appropriate. Don't forget that people can buy their own routers, they don't have to take one from Plusnet. They might have only had a desktop PC and so were not using wireless but have since got a laptop, or their kid has got an X-box.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I accept that for phone calls. How about "questions"?

Agents don't work 7 days - would you be happy to wait two or three days for your allotted agent to return to work for a response when another agent could answer in a few hours?
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
There's no way you could be sure it's up to date

True.
Another stumbling block is the staff would need to read it. Wink
Just a thought. I assume you much prefer going over the same ground each time you have a problem?

jelv
Seasoned Hero

I'm quite happy to start each response to a ticket or call to a agent with a brief summary of where we are at so far if it's a longer running issue!
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
would you be happy to wait two or three days

Is that the norm anyway?
I don't think I've ever had a response in a few hours.
So I guess my answer is yes; especially if it means I get a direct/sensible answer rather than another from the general "crib sheet".

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The answer is no. You might be prepared to wait, others will not, especially if they have no Internet or phone. Apart from which it's not practical, and yes I have encountered ticket responses within hours as have others and recently.
Plusnet do not keep details of what modem/router you are using, except on a specific ticket based on information you may have given, but that is of no consequence once a ticket is closed. No agent will look back at closed tickets either, except when you have had a long and protracted problem that has been escalated and you have highlighted the existence of previous tickets on the same problem. Hence jelv's response about providing a summary, not something I get the impression you would be willing to do.
This and perhaps all but one of your other recent threads is so disjointed that most people aren't going to bother reading it all as it too difficult to follow. We are into the 3rd page now, and it was only on the 2nd page and I think your 4th post on it today before you made it clear you only wanted to know whether Plusnet kept details of what modem/router you use. You could have asked this outright in your first post. Plusnet will know if they've sent you one of theirs as per the account details, but not if you are using it and I doubt they will look specifically at your account details anyway unless there is some fundamental underlying reason to do so.
Whilst I can understand your frustration (possibly anger) at Plusnet's apparent poor responses on your ticket(s), at this point I am going to give up with your issues as you seem more intent on bickering about individual more minor points rather than making your points or questions explicitly and perhaps you should also have done or do so on your ticket(s)
So in summary, your key points which keep getting lost in the unnecessary back and forth posting are 1) No they don't know what modem/router you have or are using and 2) Some Agents don't read current tickets properly.
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Some Agents don't read current tickets properly.

I agree.
Are you happy with this?