cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What information does Plusnet hold on customer? (F.A.O. Chris Pettitt)

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: What information does Plusnet hold on customer? (F.A.O. Chris Pettitt)

You've not really stated what your issue is?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As dvorak has implied, it's not clear what your problem really is. However, having had quick look at your other posts and threads, my guess would be a dropping connection, which will possibly be caused by your current "wiring issue" which I've already replied about.
The title of this thread and your first post content don't make it clear what you are driving at, but again I can hazard a guess, that you have a ticket open for your current dropping connection and you aren't too happy with some of the answers.
Are all the quoted comments from the same ticket, or several tickets? - quoting the relevant ticket number(s) for those quotes would help a member of the DCT to locate them quickly, it doesn't affect you security in anyway as only yourself an Plusnet staff can access them.
As everything I've just posted above is speculation, I'll drop you a PM. But if you really want to know what information Plusnet hold login to My Account at the Member Centre and go through all the details/pages and that will be pretty much it.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

All of the quotes you've posted look like they are from tickets on your account (which all staff who view your account have access to). In addition to that our systems hold whatever information you provided when signing up, along with any details of tickets/questions and calls you may have had with our support desk. There's also a payment history, list of product changes etc.
Anotherone has given good advice in his reply on how to view the info we hold.
I'm not back in the office until Monday, but I'll have one of the team take a look through your tickets and see if we can offer some more help.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

The only other thing I can think of, is that they will know is which IP address you had at any given time, but it's not something they would look at as a matter of routine as the logs for such things would presumably quite huge. I'm sure Chris could advise on that a bit more.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The history of IP addresses is shown to staff in the RADIUS connection logs, so when we look at how often you connect/disconnect we can also see what IP you were assigned each time.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for that Chris.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

And of course the RADIUS logs can be used to tie the subscribers name and address with their IP address, given the date and time.
So anyone who wishes to get a list of names and addresses of subscribers for the purposes of issuing threats or accusations can do so with ease.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: dvorak
what your issue is?

You've added a question mark to a statement!
My issue is that Plusnet don't take any notice of the information a customer supplies to them.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

You are probably right that Plusnet Tech. Support are not that good at keeping track of the notes on a customer with recurrent/unsolved problems.  But things do change.  Just because you were not using a wireless connection on 14th August does not mean that is necessarily still true today.
My guess is that your real problem, the one you don't want to talk about, is something to do with disconnections.  Wireless connections are vastly more prone to drop than wired connections so in the context of problems with disconnections it is very important to establish if the customer is using wireless or not.  I can see that being asked that same question again and again would be irritating.     
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
My guess is that your real problem, the one you don't want to talk about, is something to do with disconnections. 

Eh? I'm quite happy to talk about anything.
You want to start a new thread on "My perception of Keef's real problem"; go ahead. 😛
My problem *here* is Plusnet not taking any notice of customer's answers.

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
Anotherone
Champion

@renard
You know that statement as made is untrue. A court order has to be obtained. And there is a big difference between the ease of looking at a Radius log to see what IP address you had at a given time and finding out who had a given Dynamic address at a given time. In any event it turns out (as I'd guessed earlier) that it's irrelevant to the OP's problem.
@Keeef
Actually your issue is that some Agents continue to fail to read ticket history either properly or at all - this is a long standing gripe that Plusnet do not seem to have got a grip of, there have been many threads on this forum about this!! And yes, they do read from the same "script".
With regard to your actual dropping connection problem I'll post more on your "extension wiring" thread which is a more appropriate place.
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Actually your issue is that some Agents continue to fail to read ticket history either properly or at all

Is that not the same as "Plusnet not taking any notice of customer's answers."?

cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
go through all the details/pages and that will be pretty much it.

I was simply trying to find out if details such as router make & model, type of connection etc. are held on file.
It seems pretty pointless keep banging away at a problem which physically can not exist.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
any details of tickets/questions and calls you may have had with our support desk.

Why are these constantly ignored then?

cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
shown to staff in the RADIUS connection logs,

Do they/shouldn't they check these? Before such statements?
"we cannot see any disconnections occurring at the times you are advising they happen."