cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What have i done!

jfaux
Dabbler

What have i done!

I switched to plusnet from BT 3 weeks ago and now the broadband speed is awfull,was ok for the first 2 weeks.Tried diffrent router(plusnet again) and its still the same.Spoke online to plusnet and apparently everything is ok.Can anyone give me advice on how to get out of this contract.?
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What have i done!

Not how to get out of the contract but if you can post the information requested in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html we may have a better idea what is happening
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
The line is connecting at full speed available in your area (20CN) with very low errors and looks to be very good quality.
Our latest response on the ticket is very very likely to be the cause of this issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jfaux
Dabbler

the tech gateway is saying im putting in wrong details YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Useful detail seems to be what your posts are lacking so far - I'm sure someone will be able to at least make useful observations if you post the information Oldjim has suggested...
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your connection has been solid for a number of days, and the profile is set as high as it will got on this technology.
As Chris said, the ticket contains some good information. The information requested by Oldjim will also help us to help you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jfaux
Dabbler

Chris ive just read the reply and to be honest and frank its complete crap.
There are no vuze,bit torrent or anything like that on the computer or any device in this house.NO EXCESSIVE DATA IS BEING UPLOADED.I use the same sites as i did on BT and there was never a problem,so why is there now?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Something is uploading a relatively large amount of data on your connection, this in turn means that the download slows due to the saturation of the upload. It may not be any of the services we've suggested on the ticket but something is uploading data.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jfaux
Dabbler

As ive already stated,i use exactly the same sites etc as i did with BT so why once i switch to plusnet is this happening?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

First thing
Install Networx https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/ and see what that shows
Run a complete anti virus scan with your present security package then install Malwarebytes and run that https://www.malwarebytes.org/
jfaux
Dabbler

As ive already stated,i use exactly the same sites etc as i did with BT so why once i switch to plusnet is this happening?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you aren't prepared to try and find the problem then we can't help
jfaux
Dabbler

No you cant help.Its a very simple question and im sure you have been asked it before many times,the answer is send the customer around in circles hoping they will give in.
jfaux
Dabbler

You are actually trying to say im at fault by posting links saying do virus scan etc.Once more,nothing has changed at this end.The problems started 2 weeks after switching to plusnet.
This is what i should have read before switching
https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.plus.net
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The very simple answer is that it appears that something is using your connection to upload an enormous amount of data which means either that someone is piggybacking on your connection or your computer has a virus of some sort or cloud backup system , which you aren't aware of, is running