cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has gone wrong with Plusnet customer service.

Hellfire1

What has gone wrong with Plusnet customer service.

I used to be with Plusnet and then went travelling for a year. Before I returned I signed up again which meant a new telephone number and a new router, Hub One.

I am getting completely frustrated with the inability to contact customer services over some issues I have had. I have now left two tickets, the first 10 days ago, not one has been answered. The router arrived late and does not work. I have tried to contact them by phone over the last few days but I just get a message saying they are getting so many calls they won't answer. As they seem to not to answer tickets, and their online chat is permanently down, how the hell are we supposed to get any queries sorted. 

I want to tell them I am cancelling the contract because of their appalling service, but I can't even do that. Is anyone actually in their customer service department?

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: What has gone wrong with Plusnet customer service.

@Hellfire1 

I have no idea where help has disappeared to apart from some hiding from Coronavirus but if it's more than 2 weeks since you signed up, not the go live day, you will probably find that the part of the operation that calculates cancellation charges and if you don't pay pass these on to debt collectors works faultlessly!

Is there anything that fellow customers can help with? For, example when you say that the Hub One doesn't work what precisly are the symptoms such as what are the Hub lights doing?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Hellfire1

Re: What has gone wrong with Plusnet customer service.

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch.

My frustration is that customer service seems to have closed down which makes what would be a routine problem, a very big one.

I plugged the new Hub One in this morning after I got an e mail from Plusnet saying the broadband had gone live. I'm on fibre so it's just the DSL connection. At first it set up and the blue light came on. My Macbook Air connected immediately. Then the issues started.

1. It would not connect with iPads or iPhones. They couldn't see the router at all despite doing the usual searches.

2. Then websites I normally connected with via Chrome failed to open. I got ERR_CONNECTION_RESET messages. Never had that before and I wasn't getting them when I tethered the Mac to my iPhone. We are talking sites like BBC News here.

3. Then the router just stopped and the blue light started flashing orange and the 'No broadband' icon started flashing. Normally means there is no broadband:). I tied factory reset and turning it on or off but no joy at all. 

Now, here's the thing. I still had my old Plusnet 2704N router and the Openreach Modem it used to be connected to. I set it all back up again and, lo and behold, perfect fast broadband. 

I can accept the fact that I was sent a dodgy Hub One router, these things happen. But, it is currently impossible to tell Plusnet that and ask for a replacement. That's what I think is unacceptable. They have been cutting off callers for the last three weeks and tickets are going unanswered.. 

I take your point about the breach of contract issue. I was happy with Plusnet before, never had any issues.Time for a beer!