cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to fixed IP?

Eserim
Rising Star

What happened to fixed IP?

OK - I'm sure I didn't dream it, but my memory tells me that at some point in the past my package had free fixed IP.  I think I even used it for a while.  Now I actually have a real(ish) need (setting a Wake on LAN app via internet) it appears that at some product refresh and me changing product it is now a one off charge - not really complaining - just interested to know when I missed this change?
9 REPLIES 9
Joshc
Grafter

Re: What happened to fixed IP?

Good afternoon,
It was quite sometime ago, In fact before my time at plusnet. Pre 2011 Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'Eserim' - so what package are you on ?
If you think you had a static IP in the past,  if you login to your account and go to "Connection Settings",
do you have the icon -
where you used to be able to toggle between static and dynamic IP addresses ?
If so, what does it say there ?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

but my memory tells me that at some point in the past my package had free fixed IP.
I had a free static IP from back in the old PAYG dialup days. I've retained it through at least 2 product upgrades...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

anniesboy
Rising Star

As i dont have a fixed IP.
Are there any advantages to shelling out £5.00 in order to get it.
Eserim
Rising Star

No - just a gap where many years ago there was a IP button 😞 (which shows how old the Plus Net user page design is) - No huge issue - I may pay the £5 to get it set up - just anoyed I hadn't left it static when I had one, as I'm sure it would have carried over to new packages.
Joshc
Grafter

Hey, Good afternoon.
@Eserim
Can I draw your attention to this ticket  https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=ticket_id=98570275 on your account.
Wink
Eserim
Rising Star

Cheesy many thanks - another reason for it is my other open ticket (98567328 ) means loads of router re-sets
When asked why I stay at Plus Net, I always point people to this forum, where real Plus Net staff respond and interact.
Joshc
Grafter

Just noticed that link probably would not have taken you to the right place  Embarrassed

Enjoy Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

ignore - I seem to have lost my forum passwrod and forgotten email I used, so replying to a forum of mine to get an email to work out what email address I originally used!!!!