Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

What does this mean?

I raised a speed fault and an internal ticket was raised saying (and I quote) :-
BBFC Not loading on the account, EU has confirmed ODC vis text. EPP issue, please test and raise.
Grin Grin Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: What does this mean?

Being an internal message it means that fault testing on your problem is continuing. Grin
I imagine BBFC is Broadband Fault Checker, EPP is End-User Poor Performance and ODC is whatever you confirmed vis/via? text. Ongoing disconnections doesn't seem to fit a speed fault.
David
fourfourdevon
Grafter

I prefer my interpretation.
British Board of Film Classification Not loading on the account, European Union has confirmed Offshore Development Center vis text. European People's Party issue, please test and raise.
Much better.
VileReynard
Hero

spraxyt is closest.
If you try to raise a speed fault and untick the text messaging option, it tells you "it has the information needed" and ignores you.
Why do people think owning a mobile is compulsory?

fourfourdevon
Grafter

Quote from: A
spraxyt is closest.
I should hope so, I didn't claim mine was accurate, I just think it invokes a picture in the mind that far more interesting, even if false Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Spraxyt is right on everything - ODC is Own Domain Checks, and is indeed what you were confirming done via text.
I'm not sure regarding mobiles and compulsory, but it certainly makes the faults process easier if we can send and receive text messages.
VileReynard
Hero

Tough!

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Totally agree with you there, the number of web sites that now want a mobile number as a contact. My mobile doesn't work inside the house and I rarely have it on outside these days. If they want to contact me email is my preferred method. I keep telling BT this and they keep phoning me  Crazy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Must admit I'm relatively surprised by that - granted the reason I got a mobile in the first place was because I was at university and my dad was very ill at the time, but the moment the internet became available while out and about I was dead keen. Does that not tempt you at all? Given that it also works as a backup connection (especially for email) in the event of a fault, plus being able to read websites whilst on the bus/train...
Not saying you're wrong for not wanting a mobile in any way, just that I'm surprised you're not interested in mobile internet.
VileReynard
Hero

Landline - I pay for the line and individual calls on a single bill to BT.
Mobile - you need a provider, a phone, a package (what's that)?
I don't need to be able to pay for ringtones, games, texts etc on a fiddly keypad.
I've never needed to be contacted so urgently that I need to carry a phone around with me.
My ego just isn't that big.