cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean?

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

What does this mean?

I put in for a product change - Broadband Unlimited to Fibre Essentials and it seemed to go through OK. Had an email confirming the date for the engineer to set it up but also a message to say there was a problem. I then found a message waiting for me saying:
"[internal note]
A modify order on this account was unsuccessful.
The reason given was "The supplied service Id does not refer to an active asset".
Modify order type:
An attempted move from ADSL 1 on WBC to ADSL2+An attempt to change the upstream capping
Please check why the order has been rejected and contact the customer.
I know I'm currently on ADSL 1 as my local exchange isn't on ADSL 2+ (no plans for it to be upgraded) but had FTTC enabled a couple of years ago. I was on ADSL 2+ at my previous address from which I moved in 2011.
BTW In the ordering process I was asked to pay for P&P for a fibre compatible router, so I hope I can get fibre after all - assume if the order can't be completed that I'll have that charge refunded.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What does this mean?

Sorry for any confusion Mad Moggies,
"The supplied service Id does not refer to an active asset".

There are two forms of reference on each account we use for dealing with faults or placing orders, one is the telephone number the other is either  CBUK (for 20cn lines) or a BBEU number (21cn) these are collectively known as service ID's or you might see us call them a circuit reference. It sounds like the one against your account either isn't returning the right records (could be linked in to an issue with our suppliers systems yesterday by the looks of it).
Either way I'll get this sorted and sorry for any confusion about what we're trying to upgrade the line to, I'll deal with it manually now and will update 85263355 ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks. As long as it doesn't mean I won't get fibre that's OK!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As long as it doesn't mean I won't get fibre that's OK!

No, that shouldn't be an issue. Keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks.
I did ask the following in reply to the message in the 'Your Questions' page but the 'question' itself hasn't been answered yet. Do you think that as the engineer will have to fit a fibre faceplate to replace the existing one anyway, he/she could shorten the cable and move the master socket so it comes in at the front of the house rather than going half way round our house as at present?
The cable currently goes past the room where we'd like the master socket, continues to the garage and then round to the side and along to the corner diagonally opposite to where it comes in from the pole - quite a long distance! We won't need an extension kit fitted, so do you think there would there be a charge to move the master socket and if so roughly how much that would be?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

did ask the following in reply to the message in the 'Your Questions' page but the 'question' itself hasn't been answered yet. Do you think that as the engineer will have to fit a fibre faceplate to replace the existing one anyway, he/she could shorten the cable and move the master socket so it comes in at the front of the house rather than going half way round our house as at present?

They would do as part of a fibre install usually, I can't say whether they'd move it though. Want me to edit your order I've just placed to include a data extension? In case you weren't aware that implies the engineer connecting another socket for the modem up to metres away from the master socket.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I don't really need a data extension, thanks, as it would add a further distance to the line between where it comes from the pole to the house and then halfway round the house. Given that we're in a large chalet bungalow, to get an extension indoors to where I'd really like the master socket would add around 12 metres. If they can't/won't move the master socket then where it is at the moment will have to be OK.
Am attaching floorplan with telephone/broadband line added so you can see what I mean. The dashed line is from where the line disappears to where I can next see it but it must go through the garage somewhere (need a torch to discover exactly where!). We have so much wiring as previous owners also had a Sky phone line besides BT, plus miles of extensions, not to mention a Sky dish and cables - we use the latter for Freesat.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I guess that there is a bit of "rule playing" being done here.
You can request a data extension (so there is time and a task to be done) however when the BTOR guy gets on site, you can offer them a brew with some really good biscuits and ask "Would it easier for you, if you simply chopped the external cable and poked it through the wall to be where you will otherwise need to run the data extension kit to?".
Without requesting the option, the answer you get might be "nope job is to connect to the existing master socket only".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes, that does seem a good idea as any internal extension would have to be quite long to reach where I want it.
We'd like to be able to plug our Freesat box, which does iPlayer etc, directly into the router and also have our telephone base station/answering machine more centrally located. (Have tried out iPlayer on the Freesat box connected to the internet via ethernet over power to the router but it kept hanging.)
Will add to the ticket.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
I've just updated your ticket again, a Kelly's engineer is going to be with you soon.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks. Picked this up on the other thread and the ticket.