cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of support on the trial?

scootie
Grafter

What do you think of support on the trial?

I think alot of you know whats prompted my knee jerk reaction with this poll Smiley
if you think its abit over the top then does my  Smiley look botherd
ive been fair and allowed voters to change there vote incase there opinion of the support changes in time the poll runs
cant say fairer than that PN. least it allows you to swing the vote your way if you need to and want to Wink
17 REPLIES 17
tedsloan
Dabbler

Re: What do you think of support on the trial?

Bearing in mind that PlusNet Staff are monitoring this Trial I would have hoped for some sort of regular feedback or an occasional  summary as to how matters are progressing. Currently I have no idea whether my own results are good, bad or indifferent. After 20 days into the test I don't know whether these new speeds are what   to be expected or not. They certainly do not match with those anticipated at the KITZ site.
I do not expect my hand to be held but to hear  something from the monitoring team would have indicated that things are alive ( or even alive and well ) I just feel that we have been left to flounder. Of course there may be answers contained amongst the many messages on this forum, if one were to dig them out.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: tedsloan
Bearing in mind that PlusNet Staff are monitoring this Trial I would have hoped for some sort of regular feedback or an occasional  summary as to how matters are progressing.

21CN Trial Progress Update - May 2009 May 29th, 2009 at 16:52 by Dave Tomlinson
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tedsloan
Dabbler

Thanks. Hadn't seen that report.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The report is all very well but it does not give customers on the trial any indication if it is working to spec or not. No one knows, for instance, if the sync and line speeds are what should be expected.
In my opinion if this is a trial there should be regular surveys to see what the customer experience is like and whether their connection is performing as it should other wise it's not a trial.
Lurker
Grafter

Remember that it depends what is being trialled.
If PN are focussing on trialling the backroom processes, [provisioning, faults escalation, ELF rates etc] then how the product 'feels' for a customer might not be the focus.
Remember that PN can see lots of info about our lines at their end too so they can see a lot of the evidence in objective fashion.
I agree though that there could be greater attempts to canvass opinion from triallists too.
PUG are working with PN to help them improve the structure of trials as a shortcoming has been recognised by PN.

Also, you don't have to wait to be asked about how you feel its going - if you want to share your opinion and invite others to do the same, these forums are the ideal platform.
itsme
Grafter

I would extend the criticism to cover PUG. There does not seem to be much information or knowledge coming from PUG and I would question their contribution to the trial.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Presumably, if you feel there's more the volunteers who are PUG should be doing you have volunteered your own services!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

I have no problem with PUG not contributing to this forum and reverting the Usergroup Discussion section to the normal fora. Perhaps then PN will take ownership. As a user I'm not sure whether PN should be responding or PUG in this section. Neither are doing a very good job.
mwerle
Grafter

Not voting (since no option fits), but so far I've found support on this forum to be great, but the PlusNet support channels to be poor when an issue needed to be escalated there.
scootie
Grafter

it closed last night anyway.
well i tried to cover all options. will try harder next time i get a touch of the poll fever  Smiley
p.s still waiting for that call back on the random 172 ip range i had the other night PN. nah as if iam waiting but it is rude when your told you would be called back in 20 mins and would of involved me having to ring csc up if it hadnt sorted its self out after an hour / or networks or who ever sorted it like the csc agent said they passed it on to
James
Grafter

Hiya - Agree completely.
You shouldn't be promised a call back if it's not going to happen.
If you know the name of the person that promised that to you, please drop me a PM and I'll speak with them directly.
manastro
Grafter

Some kind of feedback from PN (without having to trawl through every topic on this forum) regarding the type and frequency of the various problems, the possible causes and suggested resolutions, the problems that still remain to be identified as due to an unknown cause, etc etc. would be very helpful.
Whilst I appreciate that this is a "trial" - can PN please not ignore the fact that those taking part in the trial are experiencing problems and as much as you want us to inform you of the troubles, we would like PN to inform us of what has been gleaned from the problem reports/postings in the 21CN forum so that we might take remedial action or discover if the problem definitely lies within our equipment  (firmware, wiring etc), or is due to have two bits of wet string between the router and the exchange, or is due to a fault within BT equipment/software etc.
Without this "two-way" traffic of information, I think you are going to end up with a lot of disgruntled trialists.
BTW  - have you seen this?
http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/06/04/bt-offers-free-20-mbps-upgrade/
Graham
James
Grafter

Hi Graham,
I'm very sorry that you've had a poor time of things since moving to 21CN.
There's clearly a number of things that can be improved.  From our perspective, the response times have been poor from BT, but they're training more staff in the extremely near future.  Response times from ourselves have been poor, which is partly down to only a couple of the guys in the Faults Team responding to ADSL2/2+.  We've seen reports of call centre staff not responding to ADSL2 calls outside of normal office hours and we've been helping them get to grips with the ins and outs and so on.
Then there's the DLM, which does seem to be a lot more aggressive than on 20CN, which is something that we're not toally familiar with yet.  It's a trial for you aswell as for us.  What I am going to try and do though is to have a dig around the BTW site and try and help the content guys get some information up on to the website to help you guys and to try and find some training material that explains better how the DLM works.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

James I think that would be very useful, if you can manage it
Cheers