cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What connection Profile am I on at the moment?

very452001
Grafter

What connection Profile am I on at the moment?

Which profiles are recommended for online gaming but gives a stable steady connection?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: What connection Profile am I on at the moment?

At the moment you're on a standard profile with only interleaving applied on your upstream as shown here "WBC 160K - 24M Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)"

That should be fine and shouldn't cause any issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
very452001
Grafter

Ok however I noticed my upload speed is not steady stable and its slower than before. Is my upload capped?

Also can you please put me on a profile best suited for online gaming?

Even on my current profile I am still getting few random disconnections per day. Please advise.

Thanks,

very452001
Grafter

I recently upgraded all of my Ethernet RJ45 cables from the bog standard supplied CAT 5/5E cables to CAT 7 cables that I have purchased. Lets see if it improves speed, ping, steady stable connection reliability and to prevent random disconnections.

I keep you guys updated if I notice a difference.

Will Digital Line Management automatically choose and change into different profiles without my permission?

In the meantime can you please put me on a profile best suited for online gaming.