cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What an intro to Plusnet!

johnnyp
Dabbler

What an intro to Plusnet!

Signed up for my first Broadband 'experience' with Plusnet and took the offered router and 12month contract.
Watched the 'green ticks' signify all the stages right down to "Congrats your BB is active" - but no hardware, that is still waiting for processing, so my broadband is effectively useless.
Phoned up on Wed and was promised hardware 'by Friday', nothing has changed so rang again today, now told it "might be the middle of next week".  Tried to discuss my optons but the salesman hung up!!
At no stage have I had any email or notification that there was a problem, and I now live in dread of getting a problem at any later stage if this is the standard of service that Plusnet supply.
Maybe should not have used Plusnet at all. Huh
15 REPLIES 15
James
Grafter

Re: What an intro to Plusnet!

Hi Johnny,
I really am very sorry about this and it certainly is not something that you should come to expect from us.
I am upgraded this to a P1 problem which you can see here:
http://portal.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=47784
We have had stock issues with BT and the Voyager 210 for the last week and we're expecting a bunch of stock to arrive today, at which point your modem will be sent out.  We're hopeful that you will get it today, but it may not arrive until Monday.  Give me a shout once it arrives and I'll sort out a good will gesture for you.
Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused.
johnnyp
Dabbler

Thanks for quick response, will contact you when it arrives (although I'm not holding my breath for Monday)!
Cheers.
Bookman
Grafter

Quote from: johnnyp
Maybe should not have used Plusnet at all. Huh

Johnny,
I've been with them for about 6 months after migrating from elsewhere. I've had niggling problems due to PlusNet, often things that need not have happened. But it usually gets cleared up though this forum or by using My questions on the web site.
We could quite rightly argue that it should be better than this but the fact is, it's even worse elsewhere. At least with Plusnet you can communicate with their own staff through the forum and they do reply quickly. And I'm paying a lot less than I did elswewhere!
Enjoy your "goodwill gesture"!  Wink
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey Bookman.
We want to be getting all those niggly things sorted too!
Fancy letting us know what some of your issues were so we can try and fix them internally?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
johnnyp
Dabbler

James -
Well, that's Mon & Tues I've waited in, but no sign.  Was told it was being despatched on Frid.!
My 'Order Tracker' still says 'awaiting despatch' ?Huh
Now seriously begining to question my decision to accept a 12 month package with PlusNet.
Could have been up and running for nearly a week by now - frustration - and still no promised email about when the hardware was being sent - annoyance!
10 mins after posting this got an email saying my delivery should be tomorrow (Wed) - BUT to let them know if it doesn't arrive!!  So another day to wait in again.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
We've checked with the warehouse we use to dispatch hardware and they have confirmed that the hardware has been sent, and should be delivered to you by tomorrow.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused here.
johnnyp
Dabbler

Thanks, Mand, but forgive me if I don't jump up and down with joy, quite yet.
Kelly
Hero

Totally understand!
Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow and *cross fingers* everything should be smoother from there.
Once you get it and get online, let us know.
Kelly Dorset
johnnyp
Dabbler

Thanks, Kelly, the excitement is building already, I have posted children on the street corners to alert me to courier vans approaching, they are all waving little flags. They will be so disappointed (and wet!) if it doesn't arrive soon.
But James has promised me a 'goodwill gesture'!! -  so I will let you all know!
Kelly
Hero

My fingers are still crossed.  Don't want to disappoint those children!
Kelly Dorset
JRingrose
Grafter

You think you've got problems - see my saga - still ongoing
johnnyp
Dabbler

Jameseh & Kelly (uncross the fingers!!),
Hardware arrived (fooled my watchers, came by Post, not courier!!).
However I've got it up and running, although I had to use the USB connection as the ethernet did not seem to work - but my son who knows about these matters (has his own communications business) will be coming past tomorrow so I'll leave that to him!
Thank you both for the help, hope I will not need too much more?Huh
Just have to hope all this waiting works out to be worthwhile - but good to know help is quickly available from yourselves.
Cheers, J.
James
Grafter

Thanks Johnny.
Keep your eyes on your account for a ticket from myself.
God
Grafter

Hey, I bet that good will gesture is a lovely Plusnet pint glass.... They are worth their weight in gold!  Grin