cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What an 'acceptable' range!

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

What an 'acceptable' range!

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps - so says the BT speed check site!
It 'feels' much slower today and we got cut off at one point across all PC's/Laptops & phones.
The test screen shows us at 5.68Mbps
Has it gone slow because of the cut off - do I remember reading somewhere that it re-sets itself and then tries to find the fastest stable speed?
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: What an 'acceptable' range!

You mention that you were cut off, was the router completely disconnected or was this the Wireless dropping out?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Hi Chris
the laptop lost connection via WiFi but my computer lost it too and it's via ethernet cable. Obviously phones were WiFi too.
Stewart
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Cut off again today while I was out  Cry
A dismal 3.29 speed test tonight!
Part of a bigger problem? Seems to be an awful lot of posts on the forum!
Rippong
Grafter

It's all economies of scale.
If you have 10,000,000 customers (for example) and 0.5% of them complain/have issues - it looks like a lot!
Or the other way of looking at it, is how many people do you think who have active, fully functional working connections think 'I'll go and post on the Plusnet forums and say everything is great!'?Huh
Cheesy
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Yes it's partly that, but I've been with them for a million years now and the service is always brilliant so it works the other way, when something slips you notice immediately. I've raised a ticket so it's being investigated - hung on the phone for 40 mins last night as the trouble shooter kept crashing - another sign that all the wet weather is giving lots of problems all over the country  Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see that you've got a fault raised with our Faults Team. They'll be back in touch as soon as they can with an update for you.