cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What affects regrade date?

dbrb2
Dabbler

What affects regrade date?

My ADSL regrade date has just slipped by a couple of days - not the end of the world, but interested to know
what might have caused this slippage, and how likely it is to happen again.
My existing billing period ends on the 12th - my regrade date originally.
Presumably my new contract can't start till the regrade occurs - so what happens to the few days in-between? Will the service be disabled or will they merely not be billed?
2 REPLIES 2
Mand
Grafter

Re: What affects regrade date?

Hi there,
It's usually routing issues, or a case of equipment needing upgrading. Nothing to worry about though (it's when the date is open-ended the trouble starts).
Your product change will still happen on the 12th, the two changes are separate.
dbrb2
Dabbler

Re: What affects regrade date?

Thanks - I'm not too worried since the new package is an increase in speed but a decrease in price 🙂
Can someone out there explain precisely what is involved in regrading a line?
Presumably since my line is already syncing at ~7Mbps, then the only thing stopping me from achieving a similar connection speed is a software cap at 512k down by plusnet? I assume this can be removed on the 12th - the day my new contract starts?
Moving to ADSL2+ to get the nominal 20Mbps service presumably requires some physical intervention, which is where the slip to the 14th comes in?