cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What They Really Like?.

tomxlisa
Grafter

What They Really Like?.

So, as the days approach for my switch over, what am i letting myself in for, this is the time i want everyone to post back to me and say what a wonderful service plusnet is, well hopefully anyway, well this is a serious question, what are plusnet like these days, i used to be with them years back and they was good, but it seems they have lots of traffic managements in place now, i just hope i am not doing the wrong thing and leaving sky which is totally unlimited with no managements at all, now you ask why am i leaving such a service, well it is the very poor technical support they have, good technical support is a must for me and plusnet have always been good in that department, well everytime i have spoke to them they have, so what is it like, fire away with the pros and cons?. Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: What They Really Like?.

Hi tomxlisa  Wink  welcome .
excellent is what i say especially the PN staff here, i have had problems but it is sorted out straight away  Wink
on here you will always see some people moaning but its usual for a open forum , not a lot of good reports are posted  Undecided 
over the last 18 months i have been with PN i have had great connection speeds and am going on to FTTC today  Cool
all i can say is Keep it up PN  Wink best isp i been with  Kiss
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can't really answer your question without some information about how you use your connection. E.g. if you take full advantage of unlimited and download 10GB per day during the daytime PN are hideously expensive.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tomxlisa
Grafter

I do download, but not loads, i will probably use the 12am onwards free period, even though that will be quite difficult for me to do at the moment as my main computer isn't setup, i am only using the laptop and it is more difficult to keep that on all night, but i suppose i can just set the screen to switch off and it should be ok to leave on through the night, i do watch some hd streams but only music videos off youtube but again not all the time, i just hope i don't move over to plusnet and get struck by the slow speeds that the ordinary adsl technology can prove to be, with exchange capacity and all that, you don't seem to get that on llu, it is just full speed pretty much 24/7, maybe i am jumping into the fire here, i hope it isn't the case.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sounds as if you should be fine.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tomxlisa
Grafter

Yeah should be, i am connected now, so i'll see.