cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Router...

gavster
Dabbler

What Router...

What Router are PN currently giving out? i am thinking of switching to Sky, i will get a free router that is supposed to be quite good, PN have said if i stay 12 months and pay £5 P&P they will send me a free one.
Do you think it is worth it? I don't mind leaving PN even though i have been with them 9 years.
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What Router...

PN have said if i stay 12 months and pay £5 P&P they will send me a free one.

Yes, or if you prefer to not commit to the 12 month deferred contract you could pay £40 up front. The router we're currently sending out is a Technicolor TG582n
http://www.technicolor.com/en/hi/digital-home/mediaaccess/dsl/wireless/adsl/technicolor-tg582n
Do you think it is worth it? I don't mind leaving PN even though i have been with them 9 years.

Crikey, that's as long as I've worked here! We'll happily waive the p&p on the router if that discourages you from leaving Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gavster
Dabbler

Ok thanks. Do i need to phone you or can you just sort all that out for me?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Happy to sort it out for you if you wish Smiley Did you want to defer the £40 cost over 12 months, or pay it up front?
gavster
Dabbler

Ah, i was under the impression that i would get a free router and pay no P&P if i were to stay another 12 months, if that isn't the case then i will leave it for now, thanks
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

In this case, 'deferred' means 'free if you stay for 12 months'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
gavster
Dabbler

But  new customers  get a free router (+£5 P&P) and in my case, Adam said he will waive the p&p on the router.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, they don't - they pay the P&P and the cost is deferred for 12 months. I'm not sure why the confusion given this quote from Adam's post above:
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
PN have said if i stay 12 months and pay £5 P&P they will send me a free one.

Yes, or if you prefer to not commit to the 12 month deferred contract you could pay £40 up front. The router we're currently sending out is a Technicolor TG582n

As long as you don't leave within the next 12 months the router is free, you'll only have to pay the outstanding cost if you leave.
Hope that helps explain.
gavster
Dabbler

Ok great, send it out then.
Thanks.
Heloman
Grafter

Sheesh!
I've been with PN for 10 years and just last week I paid PN £5  p&p for a Technicolor TG582n .
If I'd threatened to switch to Sky I could have been £5 better off  Sad
On the plus side, I'm very happy with the router. With my previous 2Wire I was getting a max. of 3.5Mbps whereas I am now getting a rock solid 4.5+ Mbps, which is as much as I could hope for on my line.
gavster
Dabbler

Please can i have confirmation this has been sent out.
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gavster,
That's been done for you now.
Jojo Smiley