cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What IP address ranges does PlusNet use?

mhi
Grafter

What IP address ranges does PlusNet use?

I'm using PlusNet Value broadband and I've been asked what IP address ranges I'm likely to be using, so that my account can be allowed on a particular server which limits who can access it and from where.
I have looked up my current address and www.ripe.net tells me this is part of the block 87.112.0.0 - 87.115.255.255. That's a good start. Are there other address ranges I might be using, perhaps tomorrow if I'm disconnected and connected again?
Yes, I know I could upgrade to a more expensive service and ask for a static IP address. But I hope not to need to do that.
3 REPLIES 3
itsme
Grafter

Re: What IP address ranges does PlusNet use?

Quote from: mhi
I'm using PlusNet Value broadband and I've been asked what IP address ranges I'm likely to be using, so that my account can be allowed on a particular server which limits who can access it and from where.

I would say it's not much of a limit when they do it by block.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: mhi
Are there other address ranges I might be using, perhaps tomorrow if I'm disconnected and connected again?

See here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mhi
Grafter

@Bob - thank you very much. I did try to search this forum for a post similar to that one, honest, but I didn't try very hard.
@itsme - I didn't set this server's policies. The server can, though, now define "mhi + password accepted only from PlusNet broadband" rather than "mhi + password accepted from anywhere" (or, as it is so far, "mhi not accepted at all"). That cramps the style slightly for a scammer wanting to use the same server.