Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What A Speed

fraval
Grafter

What A Speed

What A Speed Im going at here
  http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/results/01032899.png
  Today 18:52  129 kbps (16.1kB/s)  91 kbps (11.4kB/s)
Ive just gone over my 4GB peak usage and get penalized with this speed.
Probably the 2nd  or 3rd time in 3yr period with Plusnet,no warning or leeway what so ever.
10 REPLIES 10
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: What A Speed

This is how the product is designed.
This is all explained in the terms and conditions for the product that you are on.  Perhaps it's worthwhile looking at upgrading to one of the BBYW products which give a much higher peak allowance, and the ability to increase your usage once you hit your cap.
B.
fraval
Grafter

As I have quoted,it is only the a couple of times this has happened to me,I do not need to change my product,
it usually works fine for me
I would of however liked to be have Warned that my speeds would drop to an unusable level
Most Providers would warn you of your usage[obviously not this one]
paulby
Grafter

They have just stared doing so but only for BBYW it would appear. See here.
James
Grafter

Hi Fraval,
I'm sorry that this caught you out by surprise!
Have you thought about moving to Broadband Your Way?  The same priced product (Option 2) would give you 15GB peak usage (8am til midnight).  I've had a look at your usage and over the last 3 months you've not exceeded that level over a 24 hour period, rather than the 16 hour peak timescale.
It might be worth looking at.
fraval
Grafter

Hi Jameseh
                  Thanks for the Advice,
                  I think I would rather stay as I am
                          Frav

Not applicable

Seems odd to complain that your useage has been restricted, and then not take the advice to go onto a product that gives you far more usage for the same money.
What solution were you hoping for?
pnuser
Grafter

But its a different pattern of useage is it not?
And the solution requested was customer service -- to be warned that this was going to happen.
As the OP said its not something they do regularly -- 3 times in 3 years is not a lot.
What customers often want is the service, not to be told to change to something else that may not fit them as well but just fits the provider better.
Moderators note by James_H : Full quote of previous post removed, it is pointless and a breach of link:rules
Not applicable

Yup, and as James has said already, he's checked the OP's past usage, and the reduction in off peak hours won't cause him any grief if his usage pattern is similar to the past.
It makes no difference to PN which product the OP is on - whats so bad about them suggesting that something else might be better?
If you wanted to buy some trousers that were too small, and the shop suggested a larger size might be suitable would that be wrong of them? They make money whichever you buy - just one of them might be a better option than the other.
James
Grafter

@ PNUser
The recommendation I made was more beneficial to the customer rather than ourselves.
I promise I was only offering helpful advice.
fraval
Grafter

James_H
            I was not complaining,just stating that, I thought a warning to say my usage was nearly at 4GB would have been nice,as you have E-Mail warnings on other packages.
As I am a shift worker this package suits me better than Broadband Your Way
Thank you Jameseh,I know you were trying to help
Thank you pnuser for your True input on the matter