cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Done Gordon @ Plusnet

talcenty

Well Done Gordon @ Plusnet

I just want to record how well the customer support responded to a difficult query.
I have a colleague who was receiving broadband on an old package. He wanted to change the service. But was not on anyones system. So any query made by my client resulted in a run-around and a blank.
As I knew from technical enquiries that Plusnet was in fact responsible for the services even though the old package was still physically sited on a Tiscali server.
I spoke to Gordon today and explained this was an exceptional query that could not be logged. It needed someone in customer support/billing to take ownership of the issue and dig deep into the technical side of the services provided. Only then could the lost services be identified and action taken so my client could look at the later packages.
Gordon made several enquiries and rang me back on a couple of occasions. He realised that taking on the non loggable query meant I needed to have him as the only reference point for clearing the query. Over a couple of hours Gordon got to the bottom of the issue (no doubt doing other support work at the same time) and rang me back tell me just what had to be done by Plusnet's technical team to clear the account and the impact (necessary disruption) on the service which would then let my colleague upgrade his broadband.
I know of a numberof ISPs where I would still be pulling my hair out getting then to recognise this was their problem.
So well done Gordon and well done Plusnet for having a flexible attitude to customer queries  that allows the front line staff to take ownership of a problem and see it through to the end.

2 REPLIES 2
scrash
Dabbler

Re: Well Done Gordon @ Plusnet

I will see Gordon tomorrow, so I will pass him the link to this post. It's always nice when a member of the community offers praise to a member of staff and I know he will really appreciate this Cheesy
James
Grafter

Re: Well Done Gordon @ Plusnet

I've let Gordon's line manager know and we make sure he's aware of this thread when he gets into the office.