cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpages hanging?

Chris31g

Webpages hanging?

Hi, I'm running Windows 8.1 and using Chrome. I am getting a lot of webpages hanging, partially loading or timing out. Strangely when I can get a speed check website to load without hanging, the speed test looks okay. Any ideas? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
PitchBlack
Grafter

Re: Webpages hanging?

I had the same problem with Win8 and 8.1, the only thing that fixed it for me was to turn off my router firewall. The thing is, under win 7, I could play games with my router firewall on or off, but under Win 8.1 if I turn my router firewall on, not only do web pages time out but my games lagg until I turn it off.
Edit.
I am running IE 11.
Chris31g

Thanks for the advice but I really don't want to switch of my firewall of antivirus software, security wise.
I am still intermittently having this same problem. Internet just not working. Googling it it seems like there is a problem with the Technicolor  TG582n router and windows 8.1 but no easy solutions.
Someone suggests:
"Their workaround: set the router's DNS server to always issue the same reserved IP address for Windows 8.1 computers then configure the Windows 8.1 computers with their respective reserved IP addresses AND set their primary and secondary DNS hosts to point to any other DNS server but the one provided by the router itself. "
But I wouldn't have a clue how to do any of this. Does Plusnet offer any advice? It seems like this is quite a common problem with the model of router.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Are you using any features on the router such as Parental Control for example?