cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - completely empty???

Discord
Grafter

Webmail - completely empty???

I'm away from home for a week or so, just thought I'd check my emails and am surprised to see that my Webmail is completely empty!!
Do I need to set something up?  Is something wrong?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Webmail - completely empty???

Do you have an email client downloading the messages and not leaving a copy on the server?

I've just had a quick look and there are 0 messages waiting for collection in both your mailboxes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Discord
Grafter

**Scratches head**
No idea!  I use outlook express at home.  I didn't know you could set it up to not leave a copy on the server - kinda thought a copy would always be on the server!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you look at your mail whilst away, that really the only time you should leave it on the server
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Quote from: Discord
**Scratches head**
No idea!  I use outlook express at home.  I didn't know you could set it up to not leave a copy on the server - kinda thought a copy would always be on the server!

If your PC is on at home and has OE running (or someone ran it) then it will have downloaded the emails.
The default for OE (and most POP3 main clients) is to download emails and then delete them from the server when you set-up a POP3 account.
In OE, under the account settings, on the advanced tab, there is a tick box to leave a copy on the server.
Discord
Grafter

OK, thanks.  I'll check that out.
But no.. the PC at home won't be on so emails over the last couple of days won't have been picked up yet.  Strange that my Webmail is therefore empty.  I'll do some more investigating when I'm back.
Cheers
mal0z
Grafter

I have set up Thunderbird to download messages but leave the on the server for a few days - so that in case I accidentally delete it from Thunderbird, I can use webmail to get them again.