Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Webcam

Works fine here, could be you need to update flashplayer or enable / disable hardware acceleration in flash player.  Especially if it is with a laptop, which tend to be fussy with flashplayer streams.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Actually looking at it full screen the waves are also a bit jerky which implies that it is a low fps (download speed is about 550kbps)
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@ReedRichards unless its not truly live and cached, the time is out by 3 minutes
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Train just went past; I'd agree with Oldjim that any jerkiness is just down to the frame rate of the webcam.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

@Gus, the time on the webcam clock agrees exactly with the time on my computer.
Or do you mean that train was three minutes late?
laptop77
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
Train just went past; I'd agree with Oldjim that any jerkiness is just down to the frame rate of the webcam.

How do I get It back to being smooth? Other webcams railcam operate are perfectly OK with my Laptop.I do not know how to update flashplayer.The time was correct when I view It.
BRABUS
Grafter

You mean there are more train webcams?  Are there timetables as well ?

As for the jerkyness, if lots of people are on the same webcam at once then it will go jerky.  The camera owners probably checked it when there was very little load on it.
laptop77
Grafter

Quote from: BRABUS
You mean there are more train webcams?  Are there timetables as well ?

As for the jerkyness, if lots of people are on the same webcam at once then it will go jerky.  The camera owners probably checked it when there was very little load on it.

Yes there are timetables,go to Railcam.org.uk and click on links.They are not In time order though.Secondly The Dawlish webcam has been like this when there have been 9 people viewing It and 22 people viewing It.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: ReedRichards
@Gus, the time on the webcam clock agrees exactly with the time on my computer.
Or do you mean that train was three minutes late?

I know (from other threads / posts) that Gus has quite high latency but 3 minutes does seem a little excessive  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.