Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather stops internet ...

FIXED
Jus
Grafter

Weather stops internet ...

Hiya,
I know this might sound crazy but I've noticed a patter with my broadband (Or so I believe) every time it's raining or been raining or even windy my internet doesn't work and have to keep resetting it.
Has anyone experienced this before and is there anything I can do to resolve it .
Wouldn't mind as much if I lived in Spain but seeing that I don't it's proven to be a pain lol !!
I'm currently using my mobile data again
20 REPLIES 20
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Weather stops internet ...

Hey @Jus,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I have seen cases where the weather does affect the line, however, these are very far and few between.

I have checked over your connection log and there does appear to be a significant amount of drops over the past 24 hours

We can look into an engineer route but i can see you have had previous engineers out to try and fix this issue, could you try our basic checks here first and raise a fault via this link if this continues.

Thanks.

Jus
Grafter

Hi Mads ,
Thank you for looking into this for me and showing the results.
I've looked at the help link you have provided and my broadband is always connected into the test socket. I haven't got a phone or another router, so I can't try this. But looking at the results of today we have had rain from around 11am to around 8pm where the worst of the rain was around 2 till 6/7 o'clock so I'm believing that the weather maybe causing an issue with my internet. I have reset the router today I've just let it run it's course to see what happens.
Any tips or further advice would be grateful .
I'm sure you can understand how frustrating this can be .

Thanks
Jus
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Jus,

I've raised a fault on the line as those drops yesterday were severe. I think you've done as many checks as possible but if you'd like to rule the router out we can send you a replacement as the current one is in warranty. After this we'll go down the engineer route as previously advised. 

Jus
Grafter

Hi jolo,
Thanks for the reply, yourself and mads have been very good looking into this for me.
We can go down replacing the router but it seems ok today and only seems to happen when it rains or high winds (I know it sounds silly) but I believe there's a Patten with this.
Do you think that changing the router would make difference as it only seems to happen in bad weather...
Also , would it be worth contacting yourselves when it rains etc so you can pull a report off to see if it's happening in rainy/windy conditions?
Thanks again for investigating this.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Jus,

Thank you for getting back in touch. It may be the case that a fault with the router is contributing to the connection issues that you experience in windy or rainy conditions. I've ordered you a replacement to try and it'll be with you within 3-5 working days - there's no charge for this as the current router is within warranty.

Please get back in touch if you continue to experience connection problems during these weather conditions once the new router is installed. Testing it at around the time that the issue is taking place would be ideal as it's more likely that our tests would be able to detect the fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Jus
Grafter

Hiya .
We have got light rain at the moment From 4:30pm today and still light rain now if you would like to check a report from this time onwards .

Thanks
Jus
Jus
Grafter

Hiya,
I'm going to try and reset the router now as there's no internet at all now .
Just thought I'd let you guys know, so you can see on your report Smiley
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Jus,

I have checked the connection after 4:30pm and I could see the disconnections

I have updated the fault ticket, please click here to view my response.

Please let us know on this thread once you've replied back to the support ticket so we can progress the fault for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Jus
Grafter

Hiya ,

I've now connected the new router and wires etc today .
I'll keep you updated on what I find after a few days etc .
Currently, I'm not going to post the old router back for a week or so as I want to make sure this one is no worse then the old one , hope that's ok with you guys

Thanks
Jus
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Jus,

That's fine, just let us know how things go and we'll be happy to review the matter further. Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Jus
Grafter

Hi ,
Sorry to be a pain , but the weather's started to turn now and starting to rain / windy.
Could you start looking a a report from 9pm please .
Thanks again
Jus
Grafter

My Wi-Fi has already gone down .
I haven't reset the router so you can see on your report .
If you would like me next time to try reseting please let me know , I would love to resolve this and find out why
Jus
Grafter

Ok , so I've reset it now, as it's stopped raining and it's back on again now
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Jus

We can definitely see the drops that have occurred during the adverse weather yesterday.

At this stage, I do feel that an engineer visit is probably the most prudent cause of action - could you please respond to the ticket that @Beyhive linked with your availability and we'll get this arranged for you?

Best wishes

Dave