Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was there a problem with my connection

stallan
Grafter

Was there a problem with my connection

Morning,
Wasn't at home yesterday so I'm not sure if the Internet was up or down, but the Thinkbroadband quality monitor gave some strange results http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/df49a1b0866136142f16dfcbdd3dbcdc-27-04-2010.html
The router logs show a drop at 21:30 hrs (long read line confirms this), but I've no idea what the curtain of RED is between 10:00-19:00 hrs means...
Any ideas ?
Oh and my BT profile dropped yesterday from 16000 to 15000
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Was there a problem with my connection

Hi stallan,
I can see a disconnect at about half past nine on your connection logs here, ending a 5 day ongoing session. This resumed straight away.
With regard to the red curtain, it looks like there was a period of packet loss so something was interfering with the connection (some sort of electrical noise most likely but unfortunately it's impossible to take a guess at where that's coming from I'm afraid. Perhaps investigate electrical items in the near area for interference (I believe you can do this with a medium wave radio tuned to white noise and listen for interference while walking about with it?)
Hope that helps,
stallan
Grafter

Ok Matt - thanks for the reply. I wondered if you could see something from your end (apart from the drop at 21:30) but as you can't at least the line stayed up. There must be something going on for the profile to reduce, but it all seems to be clear now....
I've got no way of knowing what interference there could be as I was away from home all yesterday.
Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure, but if you notice it again it's something to look out for.