cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning! PPPoA user/password Ended Early

Chrome
Dabbler

Warning! PPPoA user/password Ended Early

Just a warning to anyone thinking of moving to another ISP.

Moving from Plusnet (today) and although at the moment I still have the same broadband connection I obviously no longer have a Plusnet account so the user/password does not work.

Using BT-Fon to get online! (£6.95/day)

Broadband is paid in advance so in my case it expires on 22nd of March, not today. Very nasty of Plusnet to do that.

10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Warning! PPPoA user/password Ended Early

Surely that is all down to you and the date you asked your new ISP to start service?

Chrome
Dabbler

There is a nice way of doing it: That is to sustain the ADSL password until after the new service is up. i.e. midnight.

I have actually paid for Plusnet Broadband until 22nd March after all.

Plusnet are quick to help themselves to my cash if I leave before the end of the term, if only I could do the same to them.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

You can't both ways. If you have instructed your new ISP to take over service today, then PN have to release the line before your new ISP can do the work.

There is always a break in service when you move providers. If you paid up to the 22nd, then you should have asked your new ISP to provide service on that day.

Chrome
Dabbler

That's not how it works. There can be concurrent PPPoA.

Plusnet can wait until after the new ISP has taken over to limit the downtime to maybe just 1 hour.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

Sorry, but you are wrong!

Chrome
Dabbler

Thank you for your detailed rebuttal.

There is no need to end the actual Plusnet account access prior to the takeover at the exchange. Thus the total downtime could be mere minutes instead of apparently most of a day.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Chrome Are you not able to login to the Member Centre at www.plus.net? We usually work out the final bill/close an account on our side after the migration date. It's possible that the migration is just in progress with suppliers.

I'll be happy to investigate this further for you tomorrow though.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As transfers are gaining provider led, I'm afraid we have no control of when your new provider takes the service. I've checked and your account on our side is still fully open, so if the line was under our control you'd be able to connect. You'll need to contact your new provider if you're experiencing connection problems.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chrome
Dabbler

No, Plusnet closed my PPP account a day early.

Obviously I don't matter now because I'm no longer a customer, it's just annoying.

bye

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I too can confirm that your account was still open yesterday. It's been closed as of a few hours ago, as the migration has completed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button