cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPS query

WPS query

Hi All
I've just upgraded to fibre and received a new fibre router from plusnet. Once installed I tried to connect my printer via WPS but it just wont work. It did however work fine with the broadband router I was using before the upgrade. Plusnet also sent out a new fibre router but I had the same problem so that rules out a hardware fault. I also made sure that WPS is enabled via the GUI and telnet.
It's simply that currently for me,
WPS DOESNT WORK = Technicolor TG582n FTTC Firmware release 8.C.M.0.DG
WPS WORKS = Technicolor TG582n Firmware release 8.4.4.J.BV
Anyone have the same problem or has found a fix?
4 REPLIES 4
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: WPS query

WPS can be enabled or disabled via telnet commands.
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#wps
WPS is often considered a security risk so you may wish to consider if you really want it enabled.

Hi npr
Thank you for your reply. I take it the answer to my question is no then?
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Sorry I missed the fact you had already enabled WPS -- blame hay fever and sore eyes Smiley
Don't know the answer to your question but you could try the demo firmware 10.2.5.2 -- see if WPS work with that.
There's a link in a recent post here somewhere. Let me know if you can't find the link and I'll hunt it out.
Found it:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114824.0.html

Hey npr
Thanks for getting back to me. Support have also suggested I try the new firmware. I'll give it a go and see what happens.
For the hayfever, have you tried beclometasone dipropionate nasal spray (beconase is one of the brands). Its the only one that works for me along with cetirizine hydrochloride 10mg tablets. If it's really bad I take both but mostly I just use the nasal spray.