Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBC Status

gordy
Grafter

WBC Status

Hi there!
My exchange on the Plusnet Exchange status page is listed as being upgraded for WBC between the 9th and 31st March and I was just wondering whether I would automatically be moved to the new product right away once the exchange is updated or do you manually have to request it?
In case you can't cross reference from forum membership my username is "plopshop". Hehe it's a long story... Actually that's a lie, it's not a long story at all!
Cheers!
Gordy
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: WBC Status

We do place automated bulk orders following an exchange being enabled for WBC but you'd probably get that done quicker by giving us a nudge on the forum after the exchange upgrade.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gordy
Grafter

Oh I just checked on Sam Knows and it's now down as enabled for WBC, are you able to push this through if I give you a nudge then? Wink
Here's hoping my good old version 1 DG834G router holds up! The firmware notes say it should work just fine with ADSL2+...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just gone to place an order and unfortunately it looks like our supplier's systems aren't all updated yet. I'll check again today but it may be that we can't order until Monday, I'll keep you posted.
gordy
Grafter

Much appreciated Matt, thanks!
gordy
Grafter

Hi there!
I was just wondering if there had been any movement on your systems regarding my exchange being upgraded and whether you are able to place an order to upgrade me to 21CN yet?
Thanks!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gordy,
Looks like it's available now.
[quote=BT Availability Checker]Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 2Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1.5Mbps and 4Mbps
Would you like me tp place the order for you?
Jojo Smiley
gordy
Grafter

Yeah that'd be great, thanks! Hopefully it'll get a wee bit more than that cause I sync around 4800 on ADSL1 hehe!
Cheers!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suggest you don't get your hopes up to much. If you currently sync around 4800 I wouldn't expect much of an increase.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gordy
Grafter

I don't really mind if it's only a slight increase on the download but I'm hoping I can gain on the upload side of things. Just need to wait and see!
Cheers!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, order placed and confirmation sent via ticket/email Smiley
gordy
Grafter

Thank you Jojo. What is the normal timescale of these things?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's due to complete on the 13th Smiley