Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBC ADSL2+ available in my area now

Mardler
Rising Star

Re: WBC ADSL2+ available in my area now

An update.
Since the above d/l speed has settled around 16.5.
BT Wholesale diagnostics say maximum I can expect is 21 and a close neighbour is still getting 18.
BTW says IP cap is 17.56.
Can that cap be raised to 21 or is there no such option? Would it make any difference?!
TIA and no rush to reply, PN.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Are you referring to the "max achievable speed" from the BTWholesale speed tester? If so, it doesn't mean it's the best case estimate for your line or anything like that. The range of speeds shown depends entirely on the speed your line is currently getting. 21 is just the top end of the scale of the bar graph really.
Mardler
Rising Star

Thanks, that is my understanding.
I'm just a tad mystified why, when somewhat greater than the cap set by PN is possible it's set there - and initially I was getting close to 19.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
I've tested your line today. You are syncing at almost 20Mb/s which gives you a profile of 17.5Mb/s. Looking at the line conditions, I wouldn't recommend trying to get anymore speed by lowering the SNR as the mean time between errors is a little lower than I'd like (92).
As your line is performing within estimates at this time, there is very little else we can do to raise this. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Mardler
Rising Star

Thanks for the info, Mel - and no inconvenience at all, I'm just interested in the tech.