Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAN Disconnecting between 4am and 6am every morning

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

WAN Disconnecting between 4am and 6am every morning

Afternoon all,
Just had a poke around with my router stats (for the fouth time) and ive seen that the WAN is only up for 10hrs, when the routers been up for around 300 hours. Ive been obsessed with broadband since discovering FTTC, therefore my reason to be looking round the router. 31st March 2012.. its a long time for epic speeds.  Undecided
Getting back to the point, thats happend about five times to me within the past month (i think), where the router drops connection between 4am to 6:30am
-(Ive been working round the clock on coursework & schoolwork a few times and ive seen it happen)
The router doesnt lose connection to the exchange, but only the internet. Ive tried test-socketing stuff and taking everything off the line, but it doesnt do much. I thought it was a VP capacity issue at my exchange (LNUPK, which is the worst exchange ever to have existed). Doesnt look like theres an issue.
Ive tried about five routers on the line (PN TG585v7, DGN2200, DG834N, DG834G, and then the awesome DGND3300 - which is truly epic) - all of them drop connection at that time.

Its not an issue as such, but i do have tendancy to leave work right up to the last min and then rely on the internet 24/7 for a couple of days whilst i rush to finish it. Therefore, when im working on something round the clock, broadband dropping can be annoying (I get tetchy when I load myself with caffine  Grin )

I remember raising a fault for this ages back, it suddenley fixed itself, and then went rubbished again!

Any suggestions?
Cheers; Aman.  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: WAN Disconnecting between 4am and 6am every morning

Hi there,
I was wondering if it could be related to central heating (interference when the boiler turns on or similar) but we'd be expecting regular times if that was the case. Does it only happen when you're up and about early in the morning, or has it happened when you've been in bed as well?
Not sure it's really dropping often enough to be called a dropping connection fault but if it's affected your speed we might be able to raise it as that - what's your sync speed like and have you noticed any slowdowns?
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Cheers for reply Matt,
Im sure its not the central heating; Its on one of those control panel type things where you press a button and some sounds happen and it all turns on upstairs.
Boiler has no activity until around 6:30ish, I dont think its that.
Yep, I can be sleeping away and it would of disconnected. I turn off my bold 9780 & S2 at night, and nothing is using the internet at that time.
I think it has, I sync at 4mbps, I get 2.8mbps on speedtest.net (I got nearly 4meg a month ago) - Usually downloading Windows ISO files (Same source) is around 370-400kbps, its now 300-330kbps.
Im just a bit annoyed at it as it could be causing the bt network to think ive got a line thats going mental and the SNR to go up (I think) - Router stats on the picture attached.

Cheers. Aman.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Seems to have been a lot more stable over the past few days, though the profile hasn't uplifted yet - that should happen soon given the sync rate (I suspect you should be moving up to 3500 given the sync rate in the screencap you've attached).
Let us know if not and we'll look into resetting the SNR for you to let it retrain.