cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 2110 problems ??

brokengreen
Dabbler

Voyager 2110 problems ??

Hi,my computer has developed a major problem since connecting to the voyager 2110 via ethernet cable, my main concern is on the internet with microsoft explorer which i cannot delete or if 2 explorers are up a 3rd one appears showing no details . my modem also shows not only ethernet connection but also wireless (i am not connected to wireless) is this right?.
thanks in advance  Michael
5 REPLIES 5
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Voyager 2110 problems ??

The lights you are seeing on the 2110 are normal.
Based on the description, you are saying that Internet Explorer windows open that you cannot close?
Or they suddenly start appearing?
If so, this sounds more like something such as a virus on your system, or something more simple, such as a popup blocker not functioning.
brokengreen
Dabbler

Hi p,ive run anti virus no virus there the problem is this has only happened since installing the 2110 and yes explorer appears withno prompt
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's not a virus I'd say it might well be malware/spyware - have you got spybot search and destroy installed?
If you haven't it's well worth it - it's free, and very good. You can download it here.
Install it, update it and then run it and see if it picks up anything, either way we'll be able to advise further.
Hope that helps,
brokengreen
Dabbler

Hi orbrey,tried all that will give it another go .thanks
lucasdigital
Dabbler

Hi  Michael,
To echo Obrey, this sounds like an Internet Explorer glitch/ or a mildly annoying piece of malware, rather than anything to do with your router. Routers are not usually capable of making noticable change in your computer's behaviour .
If the blank Internet Explorer windows keep appearing, is there anything written in their address line?
--
I'm currently rewriting the support guide and insert sheet for the Voyager 2110, I'd be interested to learn if you found anything hard to understand, or if there is anything you think we could improve in it.
Thanks
Mk