cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 210 Router Problem

DickM

Voyager 210 Router Problem

I have a BT Voyager 210 ADSL Router which we got from PlusNet when we joined, which has been working fine for more than a year. However, it's recently developed a fault and will no longer connect - I can't even connect to the config page, and it does nothing when I press the 'hard reset' button on the back.
Can anyone point me towards something that describes the fault conditions indicated by the lights on the front please? Even when disconnected from everything except the power, the DSL, Ethernet and USB lights are always on (green), but the Internet light is flashing green, and the Power light is flashing red. What does that mean? Is it only fit for the dustbin, or is there some way to revive it?
Thanks in advance for any advice,
DickM
5 REPLIES 5
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Voyager 210 Router Problem

Sound like it is stuck in the upgrade mode, can you remove all connections, press the reset button in and then holding it in re-apply power then after bout 10 sec release the reset button, it should then come up into "online" mode, if not then new router time. Or you could try to get a new firmware image for it, I used to use one but can't remember where I got the image from, google for BT210 firmware probably.
DickM

Thanks biker955 - I tried doing a power up while holding the reset button in but no response I'm afraid. Can't do a firmware upgrade since I can't got to the config screen, so i guess it's time to start looking for a replacement.
Thanks for responding anyway.
Anotherone
Champion

If you are any good with a suitable soldering iron, it maybe one that had a batch of dodgey electrolytic capacitors, but hey check out the power supply unit first - it might just be that.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

However when I switched from the 210 to a speedtouch 585 v6 my speed went up by 2Mb Shocked
So maybe worth dumping it and getting a new router anyway, PN may supply you with a 585 V7 if you ask nicely or get a 716 from ebay for about £7 delivered then you can play with voip as well  Cheesy
Anotherone
Champion

210's are quite capable of syncing at the best speeds when working OK, yours obviously wasn't.