cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone Suresignal

philothefish

Vodafone Suresignal

Having an absolute nightmare trying to set up, vodafone and Plusnet both not solving set up. Have forwarded ports on Thompson router on application and game settings. Suresignal still not working. Something to do with IP address??? Any ideas (have gone throught the online guide already) Thanks!
23 REPLIES 23
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Vodafone Suresignal

Have you tried all the suggestions in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105028.0.html
edit: do you have a Fibre or a normal ADSL connection ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alex7127
Grafter

Hmmmmm
I have received my Sure Signal in the post today.....I have a Technicolour router (TG582n)......Is there a step by step definitive guide anywhere of things I need to do to my router? I stumbled over a post by Chris Pettit with great screen shots.....but I am led to beleive that this guide is incorrect? 
@Mister W -  I have read the thread you have linked to......but I am blown away by it all !
@philothefish - Any joy with yours?

KR's
Alex Crazy
philothefish

Thanks Mr W but my command thingy won't let me unbind the PPTP thing (you can tell I'm really technical, I'm really trying though..!
No joy so far I'm afraid Alex7127. Vodafone tell me I need a static IP address and plusnet tell me that I need to upgrade to a different package (at cost!) to get that. To be honest so far the whole thing has been an absolute nightmare, I've spent hours on the phone and net trying to sort it - only changed to vodafone to get a 'better' network - ha!
I'm going to try and telnet into the router again now....
philothefish

When I telnet into the router and enter the command prompts it just says 'failed to unbind conn' or something similar - still not working.
Reading through other posts what is DMZ?
PS MisterW I am on normal broadband not fibre.
alex7127
Grafter

It is so funny........you get the VF Sure Signal instruction (sheet).......and it is just a case of 'plug n play', according to VF!
I do hope you get yours sorted. Perhaps someone will come up with adefinitiveve' guide/list of things to do to the TG582n (In my case).
Baffled!
KR's
Alex
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Reading through other posts what is DMZ?

Explained here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28computing%29 , it basically allows ALL incoming ( unsolicited ) traffic to go to the device in the DMZ.
You shouldn't need to do that.
Can you also remove any port forwarding that you did originally, as again, that shouldn't be needed.
When I telnet into the router and enter the command prompts it just says 'failed to unbind conn' or something similar - still not working.

It probably means that the connection is already unbound.
Can you try the command 'connection bindlist' ( without the quotes ) and post the results please.
Should be something like this
{admin}=>connection bindlist
Application  Proto Portrange  Flags
IP6TO4      6to4           
PPTP        tcp  1723     
ESP          esp             
SIP          udp  5060        snooping: enabled translate-predict: enabled
CU/SeeMe    udp  7648     
RAUDIO(PNA)  tcp  7070     
RTSP        tcp  554       
ILS          tcp  389       
ILS          tcp  1002     
H323        tcp  1720     
IRC          tcp  6660-6669 
FTP          tcp  21       
JABBER      tcp  5222     
JABBER      tcp  15222     
DHCP        udp  67       
CONE(UDP)    udp  69       
CONE(UDP)    udp  88       
CONE(UDP)    udp  3074     
CONE(UDP)    udp  3478-3479 
IKE          udp  500       
{admin}=>

PS MisterW I am on normal broadband not fibre.

That's good because I've seen some problems with pppoe connections as used on Fibre.
Post back with the results from the connection bindlist and we'll take it from there...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Just thought... What's your PlsuNet Firewall set to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall ( login required )
It needs to be OFF or LOW, if you have to change it then you need to disconnect & reconnect your Broadband connection for it to take effect.

lushman2012

I didnt have to do anything just plugged it in and within about 10 mins I had full signal on my phone. I was previously using this on a Netgear WNR2000 and thought it might have caused a few issues using the 582n but no problems at all.
It does take approx 12 hours for the signal to work after being connected for the first time.
Hope this helps Smiley

Quote from: alex7127
Hmmmmm
I have received my Sure Signal in the post today.....I have a Technicolour router (TG582n)......Is there a step by step definitive guide anywhere of things I need to do to my router? I stumbled over a post by Chris Pettit with great screen shots.....but I am led to beleive that this guide is incorrect? 
@Mister W -  I have read the thread you have linked to......but I am blown away by it all !
@philothefish - Any joy with yours?

KR's
Alex Crazy
David_W
Rising Star

If you have the TG825n then you don't need to do much to get the sure signal working.
Plug the Sure Signal into a free port on your router (I use port 4)
Register the Sure Signal device at http://online.vodafone.co.uk
Wait a few hours for the Sure Signal to configure itself.
Done.
Waiting for Orange to supply the unlock code for my Lumia though, that takes forever  Cry
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I've had a sure signal for about a year now.
Initially I had major problems with it not working for the first 3 days then suddenly without doing anything to the router it started to work and has worked ever since both on dynamic and now on a static ip address. Initially it was ADSL now on fibre and still no problems.
In other words don't believe a word voda tell you. It can take up to 3 days, maybe longer over a weekend as mine was if I recall.
Switching it on and off, changing ports etc will not speed up the registering, in fact it will probably take longer. Just leave it a couple of days, if not registered by then start shouting at someone.
HTH
Gerry.
philothefish

Here goes for the list MisterW:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{admin}=>connection bindlist
Application  Proto Portrange  Flags
CONE(UDP)    udp  69
DHCP        udp  67
GAME(UDP)    udp  27010-27011
JABBER      tcp  15222
JABBER      tcp  5222
FTP          tcp  21
IRC          tcp  6660-6669
H323        tcp  1720
ILS          tcp  1002
ILS          tcp  389
RTSP        tcp  554
RAUDIO(PNA)  tcp  7070
CU/SeeMe    udp  7648
SIP          udp  5060        SIP_ALG:E RTP_predict_for_term_SIP_ALG:E
IKE          udp  500
ESP          esp  0
PPTP        tcp  1723
IP6TO4      6to4  0
{admin}=>
Spoke to vodafone again, they said try the box in a neighbour's router - still no joy there - called back today and they said they would exchange the SS but not in stock so will have to wait a few days!! Wondering whether to try Gerry's suggestion of leaving the thing on for those few days to see if it sorts itself out.
Thanks for everyone's help so far
alex7127
Grafter

I have had  the SS plugged into my TG582n for 12 hours now..........both lights (system and phone) have been flashing together ever since!
Gonna leave it for a few days as suggested to see if it sorts itself out before doing anything.
VF sent me an e-mail and text to my phone directly after I registered the SS to say it was registered and ready to go......

KR's
Alex Crazy
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Yes, I got all the texts and emails, still didn't work for 3 days.
I may be wrong, perhaps there is a problem with your unit but it seems like the exact scenario as mine was.
Personally, I believe someone at Voda manually inputs the details as I recall spending half the weekend on the phone to VF only to be told eventually that no one was available from that dept until Monday. Surprisingly on Monday afternoon it started working.
Good luck with yours and I hope it works soon.
Gerry.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@philothefish,
Well from you bindlist both PPTP and IKE are still bound to their application helpers
IKE          udp  500
PPTP        tcp  1723
so I'm at a loss to understand why the connection unbind isn't working.
AFAIK the SS tries to establish a VPN to the Vodafone servers using the IPSec protocol. A few people have reported that they were unable to establisn VPN's using IPSec with the TG582n. In these cases unbining the IKE ( key exchange protocol for IPSec )  helper casued the VPN to function perfectly. Against that, other people on this thread ( and others ) say the SS works fine if you just leave it...
So, you could either try the 'connection unbind IKE' OR just leave it for a while. If neither work then I guess its a duff SS and it won't be the first one!. Really they need some better diagnostics to establish exactly what's going on...