VirginMedia a JOKE!

grudkin
Grafter

Re: VirginMedia a JOKE!

Quote from: ASBO
with abit of torrent running on my line at same time Wink

My pings make yours look like WARP FACTOR 9 Cheesy
Not long to go now!
1 Day left to PlusNet activation.... ;D..........1 Day left to PlusNet activation.... Grin
scootie
Grafter

My pings make yours look like WARP FACTOR 9

welcome aboard the star ship enterprise
grudkin
Grafter

Question!

I have a NETGEAR DG834GT and the PlusNet supplied THOMSON TG585v7
The Question is which one to use for the 10 Day training?
My thoughts are to use the NETGEAR but does anyone here think I may be better off using the THOMSON?
Jameseh, any thoughts on this?
1 Day left to PlusNet activation.... Grin ..........1 Day left to PlusNet activation.... Grin
scootie
Grafter

as your syncing the best you can on adsl max i would stick with the setup you have now for the 10 day training( if there is one. does VM use BTw or are they LLU?) after the 10 days is up i would then have a play with speed touch to see if it offers anything the netgear doesn't.
no point hooking an un tested router up to your line when its training as it might be faulty and lower the fault threshold on your line meaning BTw will be a pig if you have a line fault down the line
i think jameseh will be doing his weight lifting training Grin till Monday morning now grudkin
time to put a horror movie on  Shocked
gd luck with the migration on Monday Wink
grudkin
Grafter

as your syncing the best you can on adsl max i would stick with the setup you have now for the 10 day training( if there is one. does VM use BTw or are they LLU?) after the 10 days is up i would then have a play with speedtouch to see if it offers anything the netgear dosent.

VM use BTw.  In fact when I rang them for my MAC they told me that "thier speed problems are due to BTw, and that I would experience the same problems from any other ISP on a BTw package as all ISP's using BTw have the same speed issues that  Virgin Media  have!" Roll_eyes
A ticket was raised internaly by PN due to some problem last sunday that said "This is an ISP Migration Regrade account i.e the customer has requested the account to be regraded to the fastest speed the line can handle after the migration is complete."

The order has since gone through but from the information given there I would think the 10 day training does apply.
no point hooking an un tested router up to your line when its training as it might be faulty and lower the fault theshold on your line meaning BTw will be a pig if you have a line fault down the line

Already tested it! 8128 sync and seemed to be stable.
1 Day left to PlusNet activation.... Grin ..........1 Day left to PlusNet activation.... Grin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well with your line stats unless you've spilt coffee/tea/beer etc over one of them, I don't suppose it'll matter which you use Lips_are_sealed
scootie
Grafter

VM use BTw.  In fact when I rang them for my MAC they told me that "their speed problems are due to BTw, and that I would experience the same problems from any other ISP on a BTw package as all ISP's using BTw have the same speed issues that  Virgin Media  have!"

to 100% know VM are talking a load bull manure check your exchanges vp capacity history Wink
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
to see more of the history of your exchange add ( &full=1 ) to the end off the address.
example of my exchange
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Chesterfield&exact=223&plugin=vp   normal vp history address
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Chesterfield&exact=223&plugin=vp&full=1 full history address
Well with your line stats unless you've spilt coffee/tea/beer etc over one of them, I don't suppose it'll matter which you use

with that said i will opt for the OP to use speedtouch as the OP can learn everything about the PN firmware speedtouch and advice others when they have problems with it.
broadcom chip till i die me. unless of cause my line length was halfed in length  Grin
grudkin
Grafter

So you want me to beta test it then!!!  Tongue LOL
What Chipset does the 585v7 use anyway?
Still undecided which to go with yet Undecided

Less than 24 hours left to PlusNet activation.... Grin ..........Less than 24 hours left to PlusNet activation.... Grin
scootie
Grafter

having googled it seems the it has the broadcom. i am sure i read some where Lips_are_sealed it wasnt broadcom
grudkin
Grafter

Seems to be a fair bit of confusion about the chipset in the 585v7, looking here http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=8335 says TI.
But other sources say Broadcom. Undecided
Less than 24 hours left to PlusNet activation.... Grin ..........Less than 24 hours left to PlusNet activation.... Grin
adie:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You might have misunderstood that, I thought it was talking about the (particular) exchange DSLAM being TI.
grudkin
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
You might have misunderstood that,

Oops, you're right! Embarrassed
I will have to learn to read a little slower! Wink
PlusNet activation Due ---- WAITING! ....  Sad ..........PlusNet activation Due ---- WAITING!....   Sad
grudkin
Grafter

PlusNet activated  Cheesy GOOD BYE VIRGIN!  :P..............PlusNet activated  Cheesy GOOD BYE VIRGIN! :P....

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6224 kbps

Looking better already!
scootie
Grafter

if your a gamer and want that ping lowering some more raise a ticket to have interleaving turned off.
Looking better already!

to right your VM test result on reply 8
4.56 down
  .37 up
ping 57ms
time of test 4am
              PN
VM
grudkin
Grafter

if your a gamer and want that ping lowering some more raise a ticket to have interleaving turned off.

At Least I get upto 8M Tongue
I will after the training period!
Looks very good so far, downloads at over 6Mbps at 8pm can only be a dream on VM! Smiley