cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vigor 2750Vn no longer connects to VDSL. Have settings changed?

mwerle
Grafter

Vigor 2750Vn no longer connects to VDSL. Have settings changed?

Hi,
Before I send my router off to Draytek as faulty I just thought I'd ask whether anybody is aware of any settings having changed last weekend.
I'm on the LWEAL exchange, FTTC.  Working fine for nearly 2 years using a Draytek 2750Vn modem/router.
Last weekend the connection died.  Checking, the modem had disconnected from the VDSL link and cycling between IDLE and HANDSHAKE. 
There was no power outage/reset.
After trying standard troubleshooting (reset the device, check all cabling, etc) I connected the the BT OpenReach modem and a Zyxel router provided by PlusNet.  The connection came up straightaway so it's ruling out a physical problem on the line/cabling.
I've since tried:
1)  a complete system reset of the DrayTek
2) flashed latest 1.5.2 firmware (had been running a BETA 1.5.2 firmware until now)
Still no joy.
So just after any additional information since apparently a lot of people lost connectivity last weekend and some have had ongoing problems since then.
Best,
- Micha.
4 REPLIES 4
x47c
Grafter

Re: Vigor 2750Vn no longer connects to VDSL. Have settings changed?

BTOR have been rolling out new firmware to their modems over the last couple of weeks.
They also appear to have been making some changes to the DSLAMS as well - there are adjustments being made to the band plans for the spectrum's for the upload and download frequencies.
Who knows whether the changes at the DSLAM end is affecting your Draytek modem's side...........
mwerle
Grafter

Thanks for that, x47c.
I'll contact DrayTek to see if they are aware of any changes and whether there's updated modem firmware.
shamus
Grafter

The draytek.com site has 1.5.3 firmware available... might be worth a try. You have to register to download (if you haven't already): http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=15&Itemid=583&lang=en
mwerle
Grafter

Thanks shamus;
Same results with the 1.5.3 firmware either.  Let's see what DrayTek say..
Thanks,
- Michael.