cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my usage - why only 2 months ?

eugeneg
Grafter

View my usage - why only 2 months ?

I have not been able to find a reference to why the usage history only goes back to 2 months past the start of the current billing month.  Is this information available somewhere ?  I would like to see the usage each month since the PlusNet account was opened ideally.
22 REPLIES 22
James
Grafter

Re: View my usage - why only 2 months ?

Hi Eugene,
I'm afraid that this is something that we just don't do and never have done so.
I don't know of a technical reason, but I suspect that it may be storage related.
eugeneg
Grafter

PlusNet may not have but Metronet certainly did.  I doubt that storage space would be the reason as even if daily totals (rather than monthly) were held, just a few bytes per customer would be needed.
It would be really helpful for allowing the customer to choose the most appropriate data limit in their BBYW package.
James
Grafter

Yes, you're right about Metronet.
I'll see if I can find anything out, but I imagine it won't be a quick fix because of priorities.
James
Grafter

Hi Eugene,
If you can add this into PUGIT then you can add this as an item for other customers to vote on.  From that we can then prioritise the work accordingly.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

James,
While I realise you don't have access to data prior to this within your internal systems, I just wonder whether this information is kept and archived off somewhere or is it simply disposed of?
I guess if it's kept then the work required would be less?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've picked up this thread and entered it as PUGIT 381
Comments can be made in this thread on the Usergroup forum
NOTE:  If you go to the PUGIT thread to record your vote - don't forget to fill in your VISP details under the 'prefs' tab!
MauriceC

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

eugeneg
Grafter

What does VISP stand for ?
I followed the link but was told that I had already voted !  Can PN computers read minds ?  How can I find out how I (and others) voted ?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

The vISP is PlusNet, f9, FreeOnline, MetroNet etc...
If you click on the "Pref" link in the centre towards the top of that page, you will see a space to enter your vISP username and select one of the above from a drop down box.  You should then be able to vote.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

vISP stands for Virtual Internet Service Provider by the way.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: eugeneg
How can I find out how I (and others) voted ?

Your vote for this was recorded at 11:41. After you vote the 'you can vote here' message changes to 'you have already voted' which, it is agreed, is confusing as a response to a new vote.  Forum members cannot see individual votes, just confirmation of their own and the total cast.
There are a number of issues associated with vote recording of which that is one. Another is mentioned in PUGIT 257 that might be of interest.
David
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I appear to have voted but don't know how.
I checked my prefs and they look ok
Edit: .....maybe I do having had another look Undecided
I gather it's a click to vote yes or don't click at all and go away.
I was expecting a Poll like vote 'Yes or No'
Sorry....it's a silver hair thing Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You're not the first to get confused! Hence the PUGIT 257
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Thanks jelv...I've done the deed Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
eugeneg
Grafter

I am going to post here in the expectation that someone will move it to a more appropriate place.  I have tried to find a more appropriate place myself, but came back here. Hence, the following.
The whole PNUG Campaigns and voting is, IMHO, a mess.  I spent half an hour this morning trying to find my way around and understand what is where.  As for the last 22 years I have earned a living fixing computers I believe I am no less savvy than the average punter.  And surely it is that regular Joe who should be encouraged to voice an opinion. That will only happen if it is easy enough to do within a few minutes.
It is curious that there is no indication that a vote for a particular account has been recorded.  I know this is the topic of another thread. I also understand the privacy issues (although I don't subscribe to the view that votes need be private). How about a check box in the preferences to allow a voter to show/hide their vote to others ?
And the whole idea of simply voting or not is arcane. Not only do I want the opportunity of expressing an opinion in favour of an idea, but also my disfavour of it, and currently there is no way to distinguish between apathetic non-votes and a negative opinion.
Moreover, why not allow more than two views ?  How about a poll with multiple answers e.g.  How long should the usage history be recorded for ?  2 months, 6 months....
The VC column (I assume that means votes cast) indicates how hard it is for average people (a.k.a. customers) to locate and understand an issue.  Sure there should be a techie based back end to the system to enable change control, but that needs be separate and in a different language. Simple users need easy to follow UIs that don't require a TLA dictionary to follow and can be understood and navigated at a glance.
I also suggest that simply voting for each item in isolation is of less help than giving the voter a way to express their priority of one idea over another.  I may as well vote for everything as almost all the ideas I saw were good, but the folks who have to decide which projects to take up need to know how many of the (potential) customers agree with a particular point relative to a different one.  They can then determine the amount of effort required to each and issue a work directive accordingly.
</rant>